What is System Modelling and Analysis?
The objective of this course (SEMA 6202) is to provide means to model the system, the design of the system, the usage context and the system life cycle in such a way that decisions are supported quantitatively.
The course is based on the extended CAFCR framework. The CAFCR model is a decomposition of an architecture description into five views:
- The Customers objective view (what does the customer want to achieve)
- The Application view (how does the customer realize his goals) captures the needs of the customer.
- The what and how customers view provide the justification (why) for the specification and the design.
- The Functional view describes the what of the product, which includes (despite its name) the non-functional requirements.
- The how of the product is described in the Conceptual and Realization views.
The CAFCR model is extended with the life cycle context with all creation and product life cycle considerations.
- Now closed. Will run again during Fall 2018. Dates TBC
The courses are organized as intensive one-week courses each with 5 days of lectures. During this week, the lectures last from 0830 to 1630 each day. The courses are a mixture of lectures and work in groups. Masterstudents and others taking courses for credit will work on a written assignment which is due 10 weeks after the end of the course. A completed course with approved written assignment will give 7.5 studypoints.
The price for attending a course depends on whether you take the course for credit or not. To get credit for the course, you need to hand in a written assignment.
- Alternative 1: Attendance only kr. 20.000,-
- Alternative 2: Attendance and written assignment kr. 25.000,-
The price includes course material, coffee and lunch during the course. For alternative 2, the price also includes supervision and grading of the written assignment.
The registration deadline for each course is 2 weeks before course starts.
We accept registrations also after the deadline, provided there are available seats. Each course has a limited number of seats, so please sign up early. We reserve the right to cancel courses with too low participation.