- April 15 for autumn semester and full year
- October 15 for spring semester
How to apply as an exchange student to USN
Make sure that you are officially nominated as an exchange student to USN. Nomination must be done by the International office or equivalent at your home institution.
- Apply for admission
After the nomination, you need to apply for admission as an exchange student to USN. You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com with the link to the online application system (please note that this is only for nominated students from our partner institutions!) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have not received any information concerning the online application.
- Fill in application online
When you log on to the online application system, please choose "International applicants". Fill in the application and choose the right programme.
- Finalize the application
To complete the online application you need to upload the following documents:
- "Learning agreement": A list of the courses you wish to take in the University College of Southeast Norway. The learning agreement must be signed by you and your home university.)
- "Transcript of records" : A list of subjects you have taken in your previous education. The transcript must include the number of credits given and the grade for each course. The transcript should be written in English and should be signed, stamped and dated.
- A copy of the European ID or the photo page in your passport: This is the page where your name and nationality is listed.
The application deadlines are April 15/October 15. Please make sure that all your required documents are uploaded no later than this date!
5. Processing of the applications: Immediately after April 15/October 15, the applications are sent to each program and department for processing. All applications will be processed as soon as possible, but priority is given to non-EU students that need to apply for a residence permit for Norway. These will be processed first in most cases. All other students can expect their letters of acceptance in approximately mid- to late May(for autumn semester)/November(for spring semester).
6. Additional information: Additional information about individual programs and information about our student assistants, volunteers and social activities will be sent shortly after your admission letter. In the meantime, the information found here may be useful as well: https://www.usn.no/students-a-z/
7. Reject your offer: Finally, if you have decided not to study at USN, please let us know at an early stage so that we can update our databases. If you have any other questions, please e-mail. Remember to state your full name, program and home school when contacting us (as we have many new students contacting us during this time of the year.)