To be qualified for admission you must meet some minimum requirements for English proficiency. Note that these are minimum requirements and that applicants offered admittance tend to have higher scores than these.
We require one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 for a paper based test or minimum 60 for an internet based test.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.0.
Applicants from countries which are members of the EU/EEA and/or the Council ofEurope/UNESCO-Cepes, must prove that they have English proficiency at level B1 of the European Framework for Languages (CEFR). Applicants who cannot document it, must take a recognized test in English.
- 140 hours of English at a higher secondary school in Norway.
- Pearson PTE Academic test with an overall score of at least 51.
- University of Cambridge examinations:
-First Certificate in English
-Certificate in Advanced English
-Certificate of Proficiency in English
- One year program at a university in an English speaking country (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA), provided that the language of instruction was English.
- Bachelor’s degree with English as the language of instruction.
- Secondary education from Botswana, Cameroon (English speaking part), Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe may be accepted as proof of English proficency. See further details.