The theme of this year’s conference is Innovation and Technology for a Better World.
There will be keynotes, paper presentations, roundtable discussions. The PhD Candidate Workshop provides a valuable opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their work with senior academics from other universities. The other workshops will gather Heads of Departments, Deans, Program Directors, and Research Directors for discussions around current challenges and opportunities given the global post COVID university setting with new trends in learning and mission-based research.
We are looking forward to your submissions for papers, workshops, and roundtable discussions. Please see our call for more information.
Please be in touch if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in Kongsberg.
Hans Anton Stubberud, Gillian Warner-Søderholm, Abdelkader Sbihi and the Board of ScAIEM.
Program Day 1: Wednesday 29th November 2023
08.30-13.00: Welcome and conference registration at the ScAIEM Reception Desk in Steps Hall, 1st and 2nd floor, USN, campus Kongsberg
09.00-12.00: H-SEIF2 Seminar by USN, Semcon and project partners. Data for a Sustainable Future. Deep dive into sustainable transition, data, and product development for managers and engineers. Chair: Henri Giudici, USN. (Room: Auditorium Becker 2nd floor). Lunch in mingling area, 2nd floor for all participants.
10.00-16.15: PhD Candidate Workshop Colloquium: led by David Guttormsen Meeting rooms on 2nd floor: 10.00 am – 12 noon: Rooms 2222 and 2224. From 13.00- 16.15: Room 2222, 2nd floor.
12.00 Noon: Lunch for all PhD and Strategic Management Delegates in the food hall, 3rd floor – tables reserved per summit group.
13.00-16.15: Strategic Management Workshops (pre-registration required):
- SW1: PhD Program Directors Summit: led by Eiri Elvestad (Room 2224).
- SW2: Head of Departments Summit: led by Gillian Warner-Soderholm (Room on 5th floor: ‘Svinegropa’).
- SW3: Program Directors Council: led by Jon Mikel Zabala (Room 2221).
- SW4: Principal Investigator / Head of Research Groups Summit: led by Behzad Behdani (Room 2223).
- H-SEIF2 Workshop: Data for a Sustainable Future. Co-creation on case-studies from industry. Chair: Andreas Wettre, AHO (Room 2229) pre-registration required.
16.30: Social event: Meet up by university entrance on 3rd floor for short torchlight walk together to the concert event (please dress warm).
16.45-17.45: Welcome to Kongsberg: at Kongsberg Church, by the Mayor followed by organ concert. Kirketorget 1, 3616 Kongsberg.
18.00: Welcome to USN Campus Kongsberg, drinks in University Reception Mingling Area on the 5th floor, USN campus Kongsberg.
19.00-21.00: Buffet dinner in campus food court: 3rd floor.
Program Day 2: Thursday 30th November 2023
08.15-09.00: Registration at the ScAIEM Reception Desk in Steps Hall, 2nd Floor.
09.00-09.45: Welcome Address from our hosts: USN and ScAIEM President. Keynote speeches: Kongsberg Technology Cluster with Ole Hoen and Collaboration initiatives ESTIEM 2024 with João Piçarra: (Room: Auditorium Becker: 2nd floor).
09.45-10.15: Coffee: Mingling area: 5th Floor
10.15-11.15: Parallel Sessions 1 (5th floor)
- PS1.1: Innovation and Technology management: Young Scholar Perspectives. (paper session) Track Chair: Daryl Powell, USN (Room 5119)
- PS1.2: New Global Management Perspectives. (paper session and debate) Track chair: Carl Åberg, USN: (Room 5120)
- PS1.3: Evaluation of educational programs – and how to get the most out of them! (Round table) - Track Chairs: Mathias Henningsson, Linköping University and Tim Torvatn, NTNU. (Room 5129)
11.15-12.15: Lunch and networking opportunity: mingling area 5th floor * Open lunch meeting: Meet the editors of international journals: chair: Seppo Leminen, Guest Speaker Wim Vanhaverbeke
Please bring your lunch from the picnic table with you to 5119 and join us for publication tips and calls for articles: 1.Special Issue in Journal of Clear Production, “New trends in innovations and technologies for sustainability” Professor Abdelkader Sbihi, USN 2. Special Issue in Journal of Product Innovation Management, “Innovation via Business-to-Business (B2B) Digital Platforms, Platform Ecosystems, and Platform-based Business Models”, Professor Seppo Leminen, USN, 3. Invited best papers for a SCAEIM conference book Jon Mikel Zabala & Seppo Leminen, USN. Journal of International Doctoral research: Gillian Warner-Søderholm. Also Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation.
12.15-13.00: Plenary session: Keynote Address from Industry: Daryl Powell: Chief Scientist SINTEF: Digitalization in Manufacturing: Trends, Challenges, and Research Outlook: (Room Auditorium Becker: 2nd floor.)
13.15-14.15: Parallel Sessions 2 (5th floor)
- PS2.1: Factory of the Future for Nordic Industry. Track Chairs: Jørn Longva and Abdelkader Sbihi, USN. (Room 5119)
- PS2.2: ChatGPT perspectives in learning and research. Track Chair: Eskil Le Bruyn, USN. (Room 5120)
14. 15-14.30: Coffee break (5th floor)
14.30-15.30: Parallel Sessions 3 (5th floor)
- PS3.1: Pedagogical perspectives in Innovation, Engineering and Management. Track Chair: Erik Lankut USN (Room 5119)
- PS3.2: Systems Engineering: new perspectives: Track Chair: Elisabet Syverud (Round Table discussion) Track Chair (Room 5120)
15. 45-16.15: ScAIEM Annual General Assembly: Room: Auditorium Becker: 2nd floor, with coffee, coffee and snacks served
17.30 sharp: Bus transportation to Kings Silver Mines. Please wear extra warm clothes for our train ride into the mountain and for inside the mountain dinner. Pick-up point: Kongsberg Train and Bus Station.
18.00: Mountain mine train trip (15 mins), and tour of the mines (45 mins). Followed by Norwegian Folklore Music then IMIT sponsored Conference Dinner in Kings Mines Main Hall in the heart of the mountain. Dress code: warm 😊
22.30: Bus trip back to Kongsberg City Centre.
Program Day 3: Friday 1st December 2023
09.00-10.00: Parallel Sessions 3 (2nd floor)
- PS3.1: BATNET: Norwegian Battery Packing Network and digitalization trends in Industry: (Round Table )Track Chairs: Kristin Woll, USN , Torbjørn Langedahl Leirmo. SINTEF Manufacturing. Industrial Ecosystems and Pål Christian Myhre, Nordic Batteries. (Room 2222)
- PS3.2: Health Sciences: The Human Factor. Track Chair: Bente M. Aakre, USN (Room 2228)
- PS3.3: Management Implications of AI. Track Chairs: Mats Engwall, KTH and Emrah Karakaya, KTH. (Room 2229)
10.00-10.15: Coffee break 2nd floor
10.15-11.15: Parallel Sessions 4
- PS4.1: Sustainable Operations Management. Track Chair: Behzad Behdani, USN. (Room 2224)
- PS4.2: Case Based Learning: Post Pandemic Classroom Innovations: How AI makes formative assessment possible in large classes With Gillian Warner-Søderholm, USN, Theo Sikkes USN and Emil Johan Oliver, CEO and co-founder HUBROEDUCATION. (Room 2222)
- S3F3: Health and Society. Track Chair: Martin Falk (Room 2229)
11.30-12.30: Plenary session: Panel and Closing Address: SCAIEM 2023. Scientific Awards, Scholarship Awards and Launching of ScAIEM 2024 conference theme.
Conclusions and Future Conferences and confirmation of post conference publishing opportunities: Room: Auditorium Becker 1st and 2nd floor entrances. Take away lunch
Ole B. Hoen is head of the Kongsberg Technology Cluster. With more than + 20 years of experience in Manufacturing and Systems Engineering working with high Tech Industry companies. Hoen holds a master's degree in engineering from the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU).
Title: Digitalization in Manufacturing: Trends, Challenges, and Research Outlook
Synopsis - Daryl Powell is Chief Scientist at SINTEF Manufacturing, Norway's leading center of expertise in manufacturing. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of South-Eastern Norway (USN) in Kongsberg.
With over 15 years of experience in guiding and studying lean transformations in the UK, Scandinavia, Europe, North America, and China; he was recently awarded the honorary title of Professor of Practice in Digital Lean Manufacturing at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, in Swansea, U.K. In his keynote speech, Daryl will present insights from his current research on the digitalization of manufacturing. What are the current trends and challenges, and what are the future research perspectives?
Keywords - Key Enabling Technologies, Zero Defect Manufacturing, Digital Lean Manufacturing, Human Centric Manufacturing, Learning Perspectives
All meals will be served on campus with the exeption of Gala dinner at the Kings silver mine festival hall.
There will be focus on environmentally produced food with vegetarian options, healty living and locally produced food.
More information will follow.
The programme and information are subject to changes.