We are delighted to welcome you to our campus in Bø in Telemark where a beautiful scenery of forests, mountains and rivers, combine with a vibrant small-town to create an excellent setting for scientific engagement as well an exceptional opportunity for academic and social interaction. With a student community numbering 2,300 students, we are big enough to enjoy diversity, but small enough that you will not get lost in the crowd.
Call for Abstracts
Sports and the Environment – Policies, Values and Sustainability
The theme for the EASS2019 conference is Sports and the Environment – Policies, Values and Sustainability. The EASS2019 conference welcomes abstracts concerned with the main theme, but also encourages contributions from a wide range of topics within the sociology of sports.
Registration will open before christmas, but if you register your e-mail now, we will remind you when the official registration for the EASS 2019 opens.
Young Research Award
The European Association for Sociology of Sport is proud to announce the 11th Eass Young Researcher Award. The aim of the award is to facilitate the integration of outstanding graduate students and young researchers into the European community of sociology of sport scholars. The award will be granted to a scholarly paper authored by a young researcher, which is deemed by a panel of judges to be of highest quality. The winning author will be invited to receive the award and present the paper at the Annual Conference of the Eass, to be held in Bø, Norway, 3-6 June 2019. The winning paper may be considered for publication in the European Journal for Sport and Society.
- November 30th, 2018: Call for abstracts opens
- December, Online registration for conference participation opens
- February 15th , 2019: Deadline for submission of paper for Young Researcher Award
- February 15th , 2019: Abstract submission deadline
- March 15th, 2019: Abstract notification
- April 12th , 2019: Deadline for early bird registration
- May 3rd, 2019: Deadline for payment to be publicized in Book of Abstracts
- May 30th, 2019: Online registration closes
- June 3rd, 2019: Opening of conference
- Conference venue
- Information about accommodation will be published in December
- Travel information will be published in December