What is Lean Product Development?
The course (SELD 6202) will give the student knowledge of the following topics:
- Building sustainable and competitive enterprises through organization, leadership, strategies and operational practices for efficient and effective New-product development (NPD).
- The basic principles of lean and their translation to functional areas outside manufacturing.
- Lean product development fundamentals, the understanding of value (creation) and strategies to integrate the production and the knowledge value streams as a means to mitigate project risks.
- Seeing lean product development as a system within the total enterprise/business system, and understanding the main components and characteristics of such a framework.
- Insight into the most common tools for applying the lean concept to NPD, including risk mitigation, knowledge management, systematic problem solving and visual planning and management.
- Taking the concept from theory to industrial practice; including research state-of-the-art, implementation strategies and local demonstrator cases (from select companies).
- week 41: 8th - 12th October 2018
The courses are organized as intensive one-week courses each with 5 days of lectures. During this week, the lectures last from 0830 to 1630 each day. The courses are a mixture of lectures and work in groups. Masterstudents and others taking courses for credit will work on a written assignment which is due 10 weeks after the end of the course. A completed course with approved written assignment will give 7.5 studypoints.
The price for attending a course depends on whether you take the course for credit or not. To get credit for the course, you need to hand in a written assignment.
- Alternative 1: Attendance only kr. 15.000,-
- Alternative 2: Attendance and written assignment kr. 20.000,-
The price includes course material, coffee and lunch during the course. For alternative 2, the price also includes supervision and grading of the written assignment.
The registration deadline for each course is 2 weeks before course starts.
We accept registrations also after the deadline, provided there are available seats. Each course has a limited number of seats, so please sign up early. We reserve the right to cancel courses with too low participation.