Introduction to Cyber security
Online - Part time
- Progression: Part time
- Campus: Online
- Teaching model: Online
- Study level: Courses
- Charge: Free of charge. Funded by DIKU.
- Closing dates: Expired
- Start up: Summer 2020
- Teaching Language: English
- Semesters: 1
This course will be taught online. Dates 16th, 17th and 18th of June 2020.
This course doesn't give credits.
We will require a minimum of ten students to run the course.
This course is free of charge since DIKU has given us extra fundings as an extra service especially for people that are out of work or on leave because of the corona situation.
This course will consist of a body of online materials for students to use to develop their knowledge.
A series of lectures over three days will provide tutor input and discursive opportunities and daily practical activities to help you develop basic competences.
The course will cover:
- Threat landscape: terminology, cyber security threats, keeping up to date
- Authentication: access control, passwords, two-factor and multi-factor authentication
- Malware: types of malware, attack vectors, preventing infection
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges, standards
- Social factors: enforcing secure behaviours, developing effective cybersecurity protocols
Applicants will benefit more from this course if they have previous software systems knowledge.