Frequently asked questions about continuing education

Enrolment and admissions

When is the application deadline for the course/programme?

It varies. Check the programme webpage for updated information. If it says “continuous admission”, it means that students are admitted right up to the beginning of the semester. However, spaces are limited, so it’s “first come first served”.

What does direct admission mean?

For the vast majority of our programmes, we practice direct admission. This means that qualified applicants are admitted to the programme as long as there are spots available. We do not send out offer letters (with few exceptions) that students must accept or refuse.

Can I cancel my enrolment?

There is a cancellation period of 14 days from the day you receive your letter of admission to the programme and receive the cancellation form.

Where do I send copies of diplomas and certificates?

Check the programme website for information about the contact person or email address. When you enrol in a programme, you will receive an email with information on where to submit your documentation.

Do I have to submit my diploma if I have studied at the university college before?

As a rule, you must submit documentation to prove that you fulfil the admission requirements for the programme to which you are applying. If you have completed a longer education at the university college, please contact the administrative contact for the programme to which you are currently applying to check whether you need to submit this documentation again.

Change of name or address

How do I notify that I have changed my address?

When you change your address, you must notify the school immediately in writing. You can register a change of address on StudentWeb or by sending an email to the administrative contact for your programme.

How do I notify that I have changed my name?

You must submit written documentation of your name change to the school. You can send it by mail or email to the administrative contact for your programme.

User access and semester registration

How do I get a username and password?

When you receive your letter of admission, you will get information about how to create your student account. Your username and password will be generated automatically when you create your student account.

How do I log into to Fronter?

After you have created your student account, you will use the same username and password to log into Fronter, StudentWeb and email.

How do I register for the semester?

As a rule, you are automatically registered for the semester when you pay your semester fee. If this does not apply to your programme, you will receive information about how to register.

Payment of fees

How do I pay my semester fee?

When you create your student account, you will have access to StudentWeb. In StudentWeb, click the “More...” button and select “Payments” from the top menu bar. Then, click the green button labelled “Create invoice”. This gives you access to billing information and you can pay the invoice in your online bank.

Why do some programmes cost money?

Applications to all our courses and programmes with tuition fees are binding. This is because the school is responsible for paying for a portion of our operating budget. All colleges and universities in Norway receive grants based on the number of available places and the number of students who complete the basic education that they start.

In addition to the grant, institutions are expected to have their own earnings, which come from courses and programmes with tuition fees, research projects, commissioned studies, etc. This means that we must have a certain number of enrolments in order to run announced programmes and students must pay their share of what it costs to run the programme.

Where can I find my invoices?

In StudentWeb, when you select “More...” and “Payments” from the top menu bar, you will see all your paid and unpaid invoices.

When do I need to pay my tuition fees?

Programme tuition fees are normally billed immediately before or at semester start. For educations spanning several semesters, your tuition fee may be split up and billed in instalments.

Can I pay only part of my invoice?

As a rule, invoices must be paid in full when they fall due. In special cases, we can make exceptions and divide up the invoice. You need to send an application to your administrative contact and the accounting department.

Teaching and workshops

Is attendance compulsory?

It varies. Read the course plan for your programme carefully. Most often, attendance is compulsory but up to 20 per cent absence is permissible.

Interrupting your studies

What if I withdraw my application?

There is a cancellation period of 14 days from when you receive your cancellation form, in accordance with the Norwegian Cancellation Act.

You will receive a cancellation form by e-mail along with your letter of admission. If you cancel your enrolment before the cancellation deadline, you will not need to pay any fees.

After the cancellation period has expired, enrolment in the programme is financially binding.

What happens to my payment if I have to interrupt my studies?

All our courses and programmes with tuition fees are financially binding upon enrolment.

If you withdraw from your programme of study after you have been granted admission and up to 2 weeks prior to the start of studies, you must pay 10 per cent of your tuition fee, up to NOK 3,000.

If you withdraw from your programme of study later than 2 weeks prior to the start of studies, you must pay full tuition fees for the current semester.


What happens if I am ill on the day of my examination?

As a rule, you can submit a medical certificate and have a “valid absence” registered for the exam. You can register for a new exam the following semester or the next time an equivalent examination is held. You must submit your medical certificate within 1 week of the examination or submission date for your absence to be approved as valid.

Where can I find my exam results?

You can find your results in StudentWeb by selecting “Results” from the top menu bar. Your transcripts will also be sent home to you by mail shortly after deadline for grades.