To be qualified for admission you must meet some minimum requirements for English proficiency. Note that these are minimum requirements and that applicants offered admittance tend to have higher scores than these.
We require one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 for a paper based test or minimum 60 for an internet based test. Choose University of South-Eastern Norway, and write in our code B436. If you indicate this number when you select the score recipient we will get the results sent directly from ETS or be able to verify the results online. One of these ways of verifying the test results is required. The test cannot be older than two years from the time of uploading the results.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.0.
- Applicants from countries which are members of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes, must prove that they have English proficiency at level B1 of the European Framework for Languages (CEFR). Applicants who cannot document it, must take a recognized test in English.
- 140 hours of English at a higher secondary school in Norway.
- Pearson PTE Academic test with an overall score of at least 51.
- University of Cambridge examinations:
-First Certificate in English
-Certificate in Advanced English
-Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Other ways to document your English proficiency please check your country in the GSU-List.
- Secondary education from Botswana, Cameroon (English speaking part), Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe may be accepted as proof of English proficency.