Erasmus internship for recent graduates are internships that are not part of your degree, and the internship is completed after you have finished your degree. During your final semester, you may apply to internships in Europe which must take place within 12 months after graduating. If you have already received your degree diploma, you are no longer eligible for taking part of this type of internship.
If you get an internship, you can apply for an Erasmus+ grant from USN where you receive between EUR 560-610* (*2021) per month, in addition to any salary or scholarship you may receive from the employer. This is a unique opportunity to gain relevant international work experience and network as a recent graduate!
Credits: Recent graduate internship (no academic credit).
Requirements for Erasmus internship for recent graduates
- The application must be submitted before the end of the studies
- You must find your own internship within the EU / EEA countries
- The internship can be in a company, organization or business, public or private
- The duration of the internship must be a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months
- The internship must start in the semester immediately after completing the degree and finalized within one year after the studies
- The internship must be approved by your faculty / institute
The International Section has a limited amount of grants. If we receive many applications, applicants will be assessed and those with the best grades will be awarded scholarships.
Students can receive an Erasmus+ grant for up to 12 months per level of studies.
Example: a student who has completed an exchange semester in Europe at the master level that lasted for five months and received an Erasmus+ grant, can receive an Erasmus+ grant for up to seven months for a traineeship.
How to apply?
A three-part internship agreement must be completed: Learning Agreement Student Mobility for Traineeships
- You and your employer fill out the part of the traineeship agreement called "Before the mobility"
- Attach the employment contract and the job description for the internship from the employer
Send these documents via the application form.
Application deadlines: Fill out the application form by Febaruary 1st if you plan to begin the internship the following autumn.
If you receive a scholarship offer you must:
- Have a written agreement with your employer (uploaded in the application form)
- Have an insurance that lasts for the entire period you are abroad.
- Pay the semester fee to USN
- Sign the Erasmus papers you receive from our Erasmus Coordinator within the deadlines
- Submit a report after completing the internship
Where can you find an internship?
You can apply for an internship at; companies, organizations, institutions, embassies, permanent delegations and schools in all EU countries, including Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia or Turkey (with the exception of EU institutions, bodies and agencies). You cannot apply for the Erasmus scholarship to do an internship in Norway.
- IAESTE Norge (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience).