Erasmus internship for recent graduates are internships that are not a part of your studies and that are done after you have finished your degree. During your final semester, you may apply to internships offered by Erasmus which must take place within 12 months after graduating. If you have already received your degree diploma, you are no longer eligible for taking part of this type of internship.
If you get an internship, you can apply for an Erasmus + grant where you receive between EUR 610-660 per month, in addition to any salary or scholarship you receive from the employer. This is a unique opportunity to gain relevant international work experience and network as a recent graduate!
Credit: Recent graduate internship (no academic credit).
Requirements for Erasmus internship for recent graduates
- The application must be submitted before the end of the studies
- You must find your own internship within the EU / EEA countries
- The internship can be in a company, organization or business, public or private
- The duration of the internship must be a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months
- The internship must start in the semester immediately after completing the degree and finalized within one year after the studies
- The internship must be approved by your faculty / institute
The International Section has a limited amount of grants. If we receive many applications, applicants will be assessed and those with the best grades will be awarded scholarships.
How to apply?
A three-part internship agreement must be completed: Learning Agreement Student Mobility for Traineeships
- You and your employer fill out the part of the traineeship agreement called "Before the mobility"
- Attach the employment contract and the job description for the internship from the employer
Send these documents via the application form.
Application deadlines: Fill out the application form by May 1st* (*June 1st for 2020) if you plan to begin the internship the following autumn, or November 1st for the following spring.
If you receive a scholarship offer you must:
- Have a written agreement with your employer (uploaded in the application form)
- Have an insurance that lasts for the entire period you are abroad.
- Pay the semester fee to USN
- Sign the Erasmus papers you receive from our Erasmus Coordinator within the deadlines
- Submit a report after completing the internship
Where can you find an internship?
You can apply for an internship at; companies, organizations, institutions, embassies, permanent delegations and schools in all EU countries, including Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia or Turkey (with the exception of EU institutions, bodies and agencies). You cannot apply for the Erasmus scholarship to do an internship in Norway.
- IAESTE Norge (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience).