Our main interests are ultrasound solutions (electronics, materials and sensors) for health care, maritime and oil&gas applications; RF acoustic sensors and resonators including Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) resonators, Thin Film Bulk Wave Acoustic Resonators (FBAR) and Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) sensors; and optical solutions (optics for laser projectors, mobile phone camera lenses, statistical optics phenomenon in coherent imaging, efficient materials for solid-state lighting, semiconductor lasers, devices for extreme high frequency (TeraHertz) applications. We are working closely with industrial companies in our local area. We also have strong collaborations with academic and industrial partners, both domestically and internationally. Our aim is to be a critical competence partner for the industry.
- CIUS (SFI) – Center for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions – 32 MNOK, 8 PhD students
- HILASE (BIA) - 11 MNOK, 2 PhD and 1 Postdoc researcher
- COMPIC- partner with NTNU - 6 MNOK, 2 PhD students
On-going PhD projects:
- Kenneth K Andersen, Multi-band transducers for medical applications – Industrial partner: Phoenix Solutions.
- Marcus Wild, Heat generation in transducers – Industrial partner: Kongsberg Maritime.
- Thong Tuan Huynh, Non-ideal effects in transducers – Industrial partner: GE Vingmed Ultrasound.
- Ngoc Bich Nguyen, Design of High-Q Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators– Industrial partner: Kongsberg Norspac AS.
- Trinh Bich Hoang, Development of acoustic wave biosensor for glucose monitoring.
- Asmat Nawaz, Development of Perovskite solar cells with morphology engineering and nano-scaffolding.
- Svein Arne, Superimposition enhancements and its evaluation methods in high resolution laser projectors.
- Burak Cunbul, Optical design aspects for high lumen tilt-and-roll digital
Networks and Partners
- University of Southern California,
- Technical University of Madrid
- University of Oslo
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Kongsberg Norspace AS
- GE Vingmed Ultrasound
- GE Parallel Design AS
- Respinor AS
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Phoenix Solutions
- Projection Design
- ELKEM Silicon Materials