To successfully apply for our programme you need to:
1. Apply for and get an announced PhD candidate / Research Fellow position (see vacancies at USN)
2. Have a financial guarantee from an employer/organisation. Such a guarantee normally includes 3 years of salary, operating costs, work-place and supervision. The Faculty of Health Sciences does not accept private financial support (own saved money, funding by spouse/family, etc.) as a basis for admission to the PhD programme.
• Meet formal admission requirements concerning grades and subject area (regulations)
• Have the required competence in academic English
• Respect residency requirement: The candidate should normally spend at least one year at USN
For the applications to the PhD programme in Person-Centred Health Care, the project outline/ description of the research project shall be brief and concise, three (3) to five (5) pages in English.
The project outline shall contain the following elements:
- A brief background and an explanation of how the project will provide new and relevant knowledge to the given field of research (approx 1 page).
- Proposed aim/s, research questions and methodology. An account of expected outcome; if applicable, preferably with a verifiable hypothesis.
- A brief explanation of how the project relates to a person centered approach/context.
- Preliminary plan for data collection (source, methods and statistics
- List of partners, participation in meetings and conferences etc.
- Ethical reflections and considerations
- List Reference list (approx 25 references)