Frequently asked questions about continuing and further education

Registration and admission

When is the application deadline for the course/study?
This varies. Check the study programme’s website for updated information. “Ongoing admission” means that students are enrolled right up to the start of studies, but the number of places is limited, so that the “first come first served” principle applies.

What is meant by direct admission?
For most courses of study, direct admission is applied. This means that if you apply and are qualified, you will be admitted to the course of study, for as long as there are vacant places. We do not send out offers of places (with a few exceptions), which the student should accept or decline.

Is there a deadline for cancellation of enrolment?
You have a 14-day cooling-off period from the date you are notified of admission to the study programme and are sent the right of cancellation form.

Where must I send copies of diplomas and certificates?
You must upload your documents in EVU-søknadsweb (online application portal)

Do I have to submit diplomas if I have previously studied at the university?
As a general rule, you must submit documentation that you fulfil the admission requirements for the study programme you have applied for. If you have completed a longer study programme at the university, please contact the administrative contact person for the study programme you are now applying for, to check whether you need to reload your documents to EVU-søknadsweb.

Change of address or name

How do I notify a change of address?
You can change your own contact details in StudentWeb under “My Profile”.

How do I notify a change of name?
Documentation of a change of name must be submitted to the university in writing. Send it by post to the administrative contact person for your study programme.

User access and semester registration

How do I get a user name and password?
When a study place is allocated to you, you will receive information about how to create a student account. A user name and password are generated when a student account is registered.

How do I log into Canvas?
After registering a student account, you can use the same user name and password to log into Canvas, StudentWeb and email.

How do I register for a semester?
As a general rule, you are automatically registered for a semester when you pay the semester fee. If this does not apply to your study, you will be notified of how to do this.

Payment of fees

How do I pay the semester fee?
When you have registered a student account, you will have access to StudentWeb, among other things. In StudentWeb, select “Mer…” (More) and “Betaling” (Payment) from the top menu. Then click on the green “Opprett faktura” (Create invoice) button. This will give you access to invoice information and you can pay the invoice in online banking.

Why are there fees for some study programmes?
The study programmes that are not subsidised via the national budget must be financed from tuition fees. 

Where can I find my invoices?
In StudentWeb, under “Mer…” (More) and “Betaling” (Payment) in the top menu you can find all paid and unpaid invoices.

When must the tuition fees be paid?
Tuition fees are normally invoiced immediately before or at the start of studies. For study programmes that span several semesters, the tuition fees may be split up and invoiced in instalments.

Can I pay part of my invoice?
As a general rule, the invoice must be paid in full before the due date. In special cases, we can make an exception and split up the invoice. This can take place after application to the administrative contact person and the accounting department.

Support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund
As a part-time student, you can apply to the State Educational Loan Fund for loans and grants if your student workload is 15 credits or more in the semester.  You can find more information about the State Educational Loan Fund here.

Teaching and meetings

Is there a compulsory attendance policy for the study programme?
This varies. Read the course plan for your course of study carefully. There is usually a compulsory attendance policy, but up to 20% absence will be approved.

Study interruptions

Is it possible to cancel an application?
You have a 14-day cooling-off period from receipt of the cancellation form, in accordance with the Norwegian Right of Cancellation Act.

The cancellation form will be sent to you by email together with the admission letter. If you exercise the cancellation right within the deadline, you will not be required to pay any fees.

Registration for the course of study is financially binding as from the date of expiry of the cancellation right.

What about payment if I have to interrupt my studies?
All of our courses and study programmes with tuition fees are financially binding upon registration.

In the event of cancellation after you have been admitted to the study programme and for up to two weeks before the start of studies, you must pay 10% of the tuition fees, subject to an upper limit of NOK 3,000.

On cancellation later than two weeks before the start of studies, you must pay the full tuition fees for the current semester.


What happens if I am too ill to take an examination?
As a general rule, you can submit a medical certificate and have “legitimate absence” registered for your examination. You can enrol for the new examination in the next semester, or the next time the equivalent examination is held again. As a general rule, the medical certificate must be dated no later than the examination date, or the submission deadline, and must be submitted within one week after the examination date or submission deadline, in order to be approved.

Where can I find my examination results?
In StudentWeb under “Resultater” (Results) in the top menu. A digital transcript can be ordered on StudentWeb. This will also be sent to your address by post shortly after the announcement of grades.

Questions and answers