How do I register with the police?

If you are a student coming from outside the EU/EEA area, you will need to apply for a visa after you have received your letter of admission.

All EU/EEA nationals who are going to stay in Norway for more than three months need to register on the UDI (The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration) website prior to coming to Norway.

EU/ EEA citizens need to register with the Norwegian Police and hand in a set of documents. Citizens of Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Sweden do not need a permit to be in Norway. When you turn up to your appointment with the police or embassy/consulate you must hand in a list and copies of the documents on this list. You must also present the original documents. Click here to see which documents you have to bring.

If any of your documents are in a different language than Norwegian or English, you must hand in a translation of the documents into Norwegian or English. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have handed in all documents on the list which are required for your application.

The International office organize group appointments for some campuses. More information will be provided after admission.