Worked full time as a Ph.D. Research Fellow at the Department of Microsystems (USN Vestfold Campus). Some of my key responsibilities here include;
-Design and fabrication of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) and Covalent Organic Frameworks (COFs)
- Fabrication of Single Atom Crystals (SACs) on MOFs and COFs.
- Utilizing novel catalysts for electrochemical CO2 Reduction (eCO2RR)
- Measurement of impedance and voltage at operation conditions using LSV.
- Utilization of key characterization techniques such as SEM, SEM-EDS, XRD, XRF, NMR and TEM.
- Preparation of technical reports including the results acquired and the targets achieved.
Polarization Testing of SOFCs, Impedance Spectroscopy, Area Specific Resistance (ASR) measurement.
Mechanical testing of materials:
Tensile, Impact, and Creep testing.
Vicker’s, Rockwell, Brinell, and Knoop microhardness testing.
3D printing, Screen printing, Vacuum Slurry coating, Dip coating. Programmable vacuum tube type furnace, Catalytic chemical vapor deposition, Sputtering, Ball Milling, Carbon coating through infiltration of sucrose
Metallography (Grinding, Polishing, Etching).
- Scanning Electron Microscope (FE-SEM) - X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) - Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDX) - MATLAB - Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) - XPS analysis - Dilatometry (Proteus Software) - BET surface area analysis - Impedance Spectroscopy (EC lab) - TGA/DTA analysis - Gas Chromatography (GC)
• Zubair Masaud , Z.Khan, R. Song, J. Lee, T. Lim, S. Park, and SB Lee “Recent Activities of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Research in 3D Printing Process”, Journal of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society 2021 (doi.org/10.7316/KHNES.2021.32.1.11)
• Zubair Masaud , R. Song, J. Lee, T. Lim, S. Park, and SB Lee “Effect of the La0.60Sr0.40 Co3 -δ cathode thickness on the electrochemical performance of the SOFCs ”, Ceramics International 2021 (under review).
• Zhang Yeqiang, Lei Biao, Zubair Masaud, Muhammad Imran, Wu Yuting, He Yongning, Cao Shuang, Hafiz Ali Muhammad “Waste heat recovery from exhaust of diesel engine using single-screw expander base organic Rankine cycle: Experimental investigation of exergy destruction”, Energies 2020 (doi: 10.3390 / en13225914 ).
• Z.Khan, Asim Iltaf, Hafiz Ahmad Ishfaq, Fahad Nawaz Khan, Waqas Hassan Tanveer, R.Song, MT Mehran, Mohsin Saleem, Amjad Hussain and Zubair Masaud “Flat-tubular solid oxide fuel cells and stacks: A review”, Journal of Asian Ceramic Societies 2021, (https://doi.org/10.1080/21870764.2021.1920135)
• Zubair Masaud , Ahmad Ishfaq, S. Rehman “Hydrogen and Fuel Cells”, Handbook of Energy Transitions (Publisher: Taylor and Francis) (Book to be published in October 2021)
• Isaac Kwabena Danso, Ana belen Cueva-Sola, Zubair Masaud , Jin-Young Lee, Rajesh Kumar Jyothi “Ionic Liquids for the recovery of rare earth elements from coal combustion products”, Clean Coal Technologies (Publisher: Elsevier) (https: / /doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-68502-7_25)
• DW Joh, Zubair Masaud, R. Song, J. Lee, T. Lim, S. Park, and SB Lee “The Effect of the Current Collector Type on the Performance and Durability of the SOFCs ”, ECS Meeting Abstracts 2021 (https://doi.org/10.1149/MA2021-031238mtgabs).
• “Development of flat-tubular anode support for solid oxide fuel cell using 3D printing process” The Korea Electrochemical Society, Jeju, South Korea, 2019. (Poster Presentation).
• “Thickness Optimization of the LSCF-GDC composite cathodes for SOFC” The Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Daejeon, South Korea, 2019. (Poster Presentation).
• “Development of high performance SOFC stacks with reliable current collection of expanded metals” International Conference on Energy Materials, Seoul, South Korea, 2021. (Poster Presentation).
• “Development of SOFC tape casted cell stacks with high durability” International Conference on Ceramic Materials, Busan, South Korea, 2021. (Poster Presentation).