Call for registration and abstracts
University of South-Eastern Norway, Campus Vestfold, welcomes abstracts for presentations at the fourth interdisciplinary one-day conversation analysis conference, "Conversation as a tool for professional practice".
Submit abstracts within 1st February 2019 to Associate Professor Karianne Skovholt. 200-300 words for short presentations (15 minutes).
Invited speakers at the CA symposium include:
- Charles Antaki (Professor of Language and Social Psychology, Loughborough University, UK)
- Hilde Eide (Professor in clinical communication and health counseling, University of South-Eastern Norway)
- Eric Laurier (Reader in Geography & Interaction, University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Erica Sandlund (Associate Professor of English Linguistics, Karlstad University, Sweden)
- Rein Ove Sikveland (Dr, Social Interaction, Loughborough University, UK)
- Hansun Waring (Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics, Teachers College, US)
Registration and programme
- Registration fee: 995 NOK (includes lunch)
- Registration fee for employees at USN: 350 NOK (includes lunch)
Travel and accommodation
The nearest airport is Torp Sandefjord airport. It is positioned with a 20 minutes distance from Tønsberg. Alternatively, you may fly to Oslo Airport Gardemoen and go by train from Oslo airport station to Tønsberg. The train journey takes about 2 hours. We recommend Quality Hotel Tønsberg. It is close to the train station, and is close to the venue for the dinner in the afternoon. Use the code "USN-guest 2019" when booking at Quality Hotel Tønsberg.
Hotels in Tønsberg: