Dr Munim is Associate Professor in Maritime Logistics at the University of South-Eastern Norway (USN). His main research interests include maritime economics and logistics, transport economics, supply chain management and international business. He received the Palgrave Macmillan Best Paper Award at the IAME 2016 Conference in Hamburg and, the KLU Young Researcher Best Paper Award at the IAME 2018 Conference in Mombasa. Dr Munim pursued PhD in International Management at the University of Agder, Norway (concentration in Maritime Economics and Logistics), and MSc in Supply Chain Management at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria (specializations in Transport and Logistics, and Transport Geography Modeling). Apart from that, he holds a Bachelor in Business Administration degree (specialization in Finance) from the Eastern University, Bangladesh. Furthermore, he completed two modules of the Global Challenges in Transport programme at the University of Oxford. He has extensive training in 'Structural Equation Modelling' (SEM) from the University of Oslo and the University of Cambridge. Follow his research at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ziaul_Munim
- Structural equation modeling
- Linear programming, mixed integer programming
- Bibliometric analysis
- Time series modelling
- Munim, Z. H., Saeed, N. (2018). Seaport competitiveness research: the past, present and future. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. (Forthcoming, accepted for publication on September 18, 2018).
- Maditati, D.R., Munim, Z. H., Schramm, H-J., Kummer, S. (2018). A review of green supply chain management: from bibliometric analysis to a conceptual framework and future research directions. Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 139, pp. 150-162. doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2018.08.004
- Munim, Z. H., Saeed, N, Larsen, O I. (2018). ‘Tool port’ to ‘landlord port’: A game theory approach to analyse gains from governance model transformation. Maritime Policy and Management. doi.org/10.1080/03088839.2018.1468936
- Alon, I., Anderson, J., Munim, Z. H., Ho, A. (2018). A Review of the Internationalization of Chinese Enterprises. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 35(3), pp. 573-605. doi.org/10.1007/s10490-018-9597-5.
- Munim, Z. H., Haralambides, H. (2018). Competition and cooperation for intermodal container transhipment: a network optimization approach. Research in Transportation Business and Management, 26, pp 87-99. doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2018.03.004
- Munim, Z. H., Schramm, H-J. (2018). The impacts of port infrastructure and logistics performance on economic growth: the mediating role of seaborne trade. Journal of Shipping and Trade, 3(1), pp 1-19. doi.org/10.1186/s41072-018-0027-0
- Munim, Z. H., Schramm, H-J. (2017). Forecasting container shipping freight rates for the Far East - Northern Europe trade lane. Maritime Economics & Logistics, 19(1), pp 106-125. doi.org/10.1057/s41278-016-0051-7
Selected Conference Papers/Presentations
- Munim, Z. H., Schramm, H-J. (2018) Forecasting container freight rates: a comparison of artificial neural network and conventional methods. The Annual conference of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME) 2018. September 11-14, 2018. Mombasa, Kenya. I received the IAME 2018 KLU Young Researcher Best Paper Award for this article.
- Munim, Z. H. (2018). Green supply chain management in the Oil and Gas industry. Presented at the Productions and Operations Management Society (POMS) Conference, May 4-7, 2018. Houston, Texas, USA.
- Munim, Z. H., Saeed, N, Qin, F. (2017). Benchmarking Chinese port container terminal efficiency: Exploring key efficiency drivers. Presented at the China Goes Global 2017 conference. June 15-17, 2017.Kristiansand, Norway.
- Munim, Z. H., Saeed, N, Larsen, O I. (2017). ‘Tool port’ to ‘landlord port’: A game theory approach to analyse gains from governance model transformation. Presented at the Annual conference of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME) 2017. June 27-30, 2017. Kyoto, Japan.
- Maditati, D.R., Munim, Z. H. ., Schramm, H-J. (2017). A review of green supply chain management: from bibliometric analysis to conceptual framework. Presented at the 29th Annual NOFOMA conference. June 8-9, 2017. Lund, Sweden.
- Munim, Z. H., Schramm, H-J. (2016). Forecasting container shipping freight rates for the Far East - Northern Europe trade lane. Presented at the Annual conference of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME) 2016. August 23-26, 2016. Hamburg, Germany. I received the IAME 2016 Best Paper Award for this article.