- Profesjonsutvikling, internasjonal optometri
- Øyets fremre segment: tårefilm og tørre øyne, kontaktlinsekomplikasjoner, biometri, refraktiv kirurgi
2009: Ph.D. in recognition of a thesis entitled "Longitudinal assessments of corneal and tear film characteristics after LASIK versus continued contact lens wear", Glasgow Caledonian University, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Glasgow, Scotland
1997: M.Phil. in recognition of a thesis entitled “Swelling kinetics of the corneal stroma under physiologically relevant conditions”. Glasgow Caledonian University, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Glasgow, Scotland
1994: Kontaktlinsekompetanse, Høgskolen i Buskerud (HiBu), Avdeling for optometri, Kongsberg
1992: Optiker, Kongsberg Ingeniørhøgskole (KIH), Avdeling for optometri, Kongsberg
Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Erasmus+, Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Capacity Building in Higher Education, Joint Projects: “Optometry CUrriculum for Lifelong Learning through ErasmUS OCULUS”. Contribution: project leader- EUR 946 218
SIU. Eurasia programme 2015. CPEA-2 015/10066 Moldova – Norwegian collaboration program in optometry. Enhancing primary eye health care in Moldova. Contribution: project initiator and initial project leader. NOK 6 000 000
Senter for Internasjonal Utdanning (SIU). Erasmus Plus - Funding for project development 2015. EPLpd-2015/10027 Curriculum building in optometry education to enhance quality and cultural competency of evidence based eye care education internationally. Contribution: project leader. NOK 100 000
Senter for Internasjonal Utdanning. Seed money for the project CPEASM-2015/10015 “Primary visual healthcare in Moldova needs optometrists. Developing an academic education for optometrists”. Contribution: project initiator and project leader. NOK 100 000
Norgesuniversitetet. P19/2015 – «En reise gjennom kroppen - forstå god helse". Contribution: project initiator and initial project leader. NOK 700.000
Gjerdrum B, Gundersen KG, Lundmark PO, Aakre BM. Repeatability of OCT-based versus Scheimpflug- and reflection-based keratometry in patients with hyperosmolar and normal tear film. Clin Ophthalmol 2020 14:
Gjerdrum B, Gundersen KG, Lundmark PO, Potvin R, Aakre BM. Prevalence of Signs and Symptoms of Dry Eye Disease 5 to 15 After Refractive Surgery. Clin Ophthalmol 2020 28(14):269-279
Brenner LF, Gjerdrum B, Aakre BM, Lundmark PO, Nistad K. Presbyopic refractive lens exchange with trifocal intraocular lens implantation after corneal laser vision correction: Refractive results and biometry analysis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2019 Oct;45(10):1404-1415.
- Dumbleton KA, Richter D, Woods CA, Aakre BM, Plowright A, Morgan PB, Jones LW. A multi-country assessment of compliance with daily disposable contact lens wear. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2013; 36(6):304-12.
- Doughty MJ, Aakre BM. Further analysis of assessments of the coefficient of variation of corneal endothelial cell areas from specular microscopic images. Clin Exp Optom 2008; 91(4):1-9
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ. Are there differences between 'visual symptoms' and specific ocular symptoms associated with video display terminal (VDT) use? Contact lens&anterior eye 2007; 30 (July):174-182
- Doughty MJ, Aakre BM. Central versus paracentral endothelial cell density values in relation to duration of soft contact lens wear Eye and Contact Lens 2007; 33(4):180-184
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ, Helland M, Horgen G, Aarås A, Bruenech JR. Visual discomfort during VDU work after LASIK surgery. Proceedings HCI International, 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Engineering Psychology, Health and Computer System Design, 2005; 1:CD-ROM.
- Doughty MJ, Aakre BM, Ystenaes AE, Svarverud E. Short term adaptation of the corneal endothelium to continuous wear of silicone hydrogel contact lenses, after daily hydrogel lens wear. Optom Vis Sci 2005; Jun;82(6):473-80
- Aakre BM, Ystenæs AE, Doughty MJ, Austrheim Ø, Westerfjell B, Lie MT. A 6-month follow-up of changing from daily disposable soft contact lenses wear to continuous wear of a high-Dk silicone hydrogel lenses: a Norway-based study Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2004; 24:130-141
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ, Dalane OV, Berg A, Aamodt O, Gangstad H. Assessment of reproducibility of measures of intraocular pressure and central corneal thickness in young white adults over a 16-h time period. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2003; 23:271-283.
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ. In vitro hydration kinetics of recent post-mortem tissue versus pre-dried corneal stromal tissue. Exp Eye Res 1997;65:127-133
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ. Influence of tissue sample dimensions on the swelling of the corneal stroma. Opthalmic Research 1997;29:67-74
- Doughty MJ, Aakre BM, Patel S. Hydration (water binding) of the mammalian corneal stroma ex vivo and in vitro: Sample mass and error considerations. Optom Vis Sci 1996;73:10:666-75
- Dumbleton KA, Richter D, Woods CA, Morgan PB, Aakre BM, Jones LW. Wearing and replacement patterns of patients using daily disposable contact lenses. American Academy of Optometry annual meeting 2013; 23-26 October
- Dumbleton KA, Richter D, Woods CA, Morgan PB, Aakre BM, Plowright A, Jones LW. A multi-country assessment of compliance with daily disposable contact lens wear. British Contact Lens Association Conference 2013; 6-9 June
- Svarverud E, Helland M, Aakre BM. Implementing the use of diagnostic drugs in Norwegian optometric practices: educating practising optometrists. European Academy of Optometry and Optics. Conference reports 2013 p. 58-
- Aakre BM, Doughty MJ. Swelling kinetics of the corneal stroma in vitro - influence of sample size and drying. Optom Vis Sci 1996;73:12:106