The course consists of three days:
Day 1: Data sessions and student presentations, led by Charles Antaki, Rein Ove Sikveland, Karianne Skovholt, and Elizabeth Stokoe (Wednesday 4th April)
Day 2: Conversation analysis transcription workshop, led by Rein Ove Sikveland and Elizabeth Stokoe (Thursday 5th April); How to publish interactional research, led by Charles Antaki (Editor, Research on Language and Social Interaction)
Day 3: One-day conversation analysis conference, Conversation as a tool for professional practice, with keynote speakers:
- Pål Aarsand (Professor of pedagogy, NTNU, Norway)
- Charles Antaki (Professor of Language and Social Psychology, Loughborough University, UK);
- Bethan Benwell (Senior Lecturer in English Studies, University of Stirling, UK)
- Neil Mercer (Emeritus Professor of Education, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Elizabeth Stokoe (Professor of Social Interaction, Loughborough University, UK)
Registration deadline for the PhD-course PH-ISA Interaction analysis and conversation analysis (CA) in kindergarten, school and higher education i February 1st 2018.
- Candidates from the PhD in pedagogical resources and learning processes in kindergarten and school can apply via Studentweb.
- External candidates must fill out this application form (.pdf) and e-mail it to Liv-Anne Halderaker.
Credits: Participation with essay-submission gives 5 credits. Participation without essay-submission gives 1 credit.
Price: None, there is no fee for this workshop.
Contact person: Associate professor Karianne Skovholt.
Teaching staff: Dr Rein Ove Sikveland and Professor Elizabeth Stokoe (Loughborough University, UK).