1. Admission: Receive your admission from USN. If you are a student from outside the EU/EEA area, you will need an official letter stating your admission at USN, to provide for your visa application.
2. Accept your offer
Exchange students: by returning the e-mail to USN/or by confirming your status in Studentweb, stating that you will be accepting your offer and studying in Norway the upcoming semester.
Degree students: as described in your admission letter
3. Apply for housing – Our arrangements with the housing services is currently under revision. We expect to be able to guarantee housing as long as applications for housing are received before the application deadline for each semester. We will notify you about any changes in the housing requirements long before the deadline. (Please note that campus Kongsberg is currently excepted from this guarantee, due to the lack of, and thus development of new, student housing until autumn 2019).
Please note: If you fail to apply before the deadline (April 15 and October 15) – your pre-booking might be cancelled and you might have to arrange private accommodation.
4. Prepare for departure:
- Check the date for your orientation day
- Check your arrival guide
- Book your ticket. Make sure to arrive on campus well ahead of Orientation day.
- Return your housing contract to SSN as soon as you have received it, according to their rules and routines
- If you are a student coming from outside EU/EEA: Apply for your visa well in advance of your departure. Count on at least 2 months processing time.
- Arrange your insurance. All incoming students are required to have a valid insurance before they arrive.
5. Arrival: Make sure that you are arriving in the opening hours of the housing office to pick up your key – or check with SSN if they can arrange with the housing host to pick up your key.
6. Orientation day: Attend the orientation day!
7. Study: Then your studies at USN can begin!