Concerning the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic, there are a number of precautions that need to be taken both by you as a student and by USN as institution. For students who are planning to go abroad for exchange autumn 2021, the following applies:
- USN nominates students for exchange only within Europe for the autumn semester 2021. The situation at many of our partner institutions outside Europe, is unpredictable. We hope to be back to a more normal situation spring 2022.
- USN does not nominate health science students for exchange / practice abroad autumn 2021.
- As of 1 April 2021, USN cannot guarantee 100% that all teaching will run on campus as normal at all our exchange partners within Europe throughout the autumn of 2021. Students should keep informed and updated by the information which is shared by the host institution, regarding arrival, practical preparations and the teaching situation for autumn 2021.
- All students who are planning an exchange stay abroad are responsible for housing, travel and eventual visa applications to the host country.
- All students who are planning an exchange stay abroad are responsible for adequate insurance arrangements during the period they are studying abroad. The insurance must be valid from departure until the return date to Norway.
- Any additional financial costs related to an interrupted or cancelled stay at the host institution is the student's own responsibility.
- If you want to ensure the possibility for taking a Covid-19 vaccine before traveling, please contact your GP or the local health authorities to check your options.
We recommend that everybody pay attention to the Foreign Office’s advice on Travel , as well as national travel regulations in the county you wish to visit.