Each year, many of our students choose to take a semester abroad. At USN, we do our best to make sure you get the best possible stay with both professional and personal development.
All students who are undergoing a full degree programme at USN, shall have the opportunity to take from 3 months to a semester abroad, either as a Study Abroad student or an exchange student. Please contact your program coordinator regarding your opportunities with partner institutions
* Update for spring semester 2021:
Søknadsweb is now open for applications for exchange from USN to our partner universities in Europe, spring 2021. The application deadline is October 1st. Based on the new guidelines and considerations regarding Covid-19, USN will:
- facilitate student exchange to our international programs at USN
- facilitate student exchanges with our partners in Europe
- cancel student exchanges outside of Europe
- cancel all internship/practice exchanges for health, social sciences students and for teacher education
There are two application deadlines per year:
- Application deadline for exchange spring semester is 15 September (Extended to Oct.1st 2020, due to Covid-19)
- Application deadline for autumn semester is 1 February
- You apply through Søknadsweb (the application form is only available in the application periode).
- Practical information about studying abroad for one semester
- FAQ - Exchange
- Erasmus internship exchange for recent graduates
As a PhD student at USN, you have the opportunity to take part of your PhD abroad with one of our international partners.
For further questions regarding exchange from USN, please contact International Relations Section.