- Research on biogas technology;
- Experimental design for bio-methane potential test for different organic substrates;
- Research on biogas centered agricultural waste management (i.e. system integration, Food, waste, energy and nutrient recovery);
- Algal technology for CO2 capture, wastewater treatment and resource recovery;
- Organize and provide access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor;
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project;
- Collaborate with industry/academia projects;
- Conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data;
- Writing project proposals and scientific papers to refereed (peer-reviewed) journals;
- Present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences;
- Supervise Msc. students and assist Ph.D. students;
- Work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Plant Ecophysiology
- Greenhouse technology and controled micro environment
- Plant and Ecological modeling
- The photochemical reaction in Photosyntheis (i.e. PSII and PSI)
- Online measuring sensors (e.g. chlorophyll fluorescence, thermography, plant reflectance index)
- Biogas technology (i.e. Energy production,Waste treatment, Nutrient recycling (N, P, minerals etc..)
- Statistical methods and data anlysis (i.e. Statistical programs: R-for statistical computing, SigmaPlot and MATLAB)
2011- 2014 Ph.D. in Food Science (specialty greenhouse technology), Faculty of Science and Technology, Aarhus University, Denmark
2004 – 2006 Msc. Plant Science Wageningen University, Netherlands
1998 – 2000 Bsc. Plant Science, Hawasa University, Ethiopia
Aug. 2014–present University College of Southeast Norway, Porsgrunn Norway
Jan. 2011 – Mar. 2014: Aarhus University, Denmark,
Feb. 2010 – May 2010: BM Energy Group, Porsgrunn Norway
Apr. 2009 – Dec. 2010: Telemark University College, Porsgrunn Norway
Sep. 2000 – Sep. 2008: Institute of Biodiversity Conservation, Ethiopia
- Janka E, Körner O, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen CO (2017). PSII opperating efficiency simulation from chloophyll fluorescence in response to light and temperature in chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora). Photosynthetica 55 (DOI: 10.1007/s11099-017-0701-8).
- Janka E, Körner O, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen CO (2016). A coupled model of leaf photosynthesis, stomatal conductance, and leaf energy balance for chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora). Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 123: 264–274
- Janka E, Körner O, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen CO (2015). Using the quantum yields of photosystem II and the rate of net photosynthesis to monitor high irradiance and temperature stress in chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora). Plant physiology and Biochemistry 90: 14–22.
- Janka E, Körner O, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen CO (2013). High temperature stress monitoring and detection using chlorophyll a fluorescence and infrared thermography in chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora). Plant physiology and Biochemistry 67: 87–94.
- Janka E, Körner O, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen CO (2012). Log-logistic model analysis of optimal and supra-optimal temperature effect on photosystem II using chlorophyll a fluorescence in chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora). Acta Horticulturae 957: 297–302.