1995 - 1998 PhD: Deformable models for contour extraction. Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK.
1992 - 1995 BSc. (Hons) Computer Science. Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK.
CURRENT AND PREVIOUS POSITIONS
2012 - present Associate Professor. Department of Optometry, Radiology and Light Design, University of Southeastrn Norway, Norway.
2001 - 2011 Wellcome Trust post-doctoral researcher. Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, UK.
1998 - 2001 EPSRC post-doctoral researcher. Department of Optometry, University of Manchester Institute Science and Technology (UMIST)
2005-2011 Wellcome Trust University Awards for Research Technologists & Analysts. Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, UK.
ORGANISATION OF SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
2011 International Colour Vision Society (ICVS), Member of Organising committee.
2011 - present Kongsberg Vision Meeting (KVM, annual), Member of Organising committee.
2014 - present Patient/research database development/management/security. Department of Optometry, Radiology and Light Design, University College of Southeast Norway, Norway.
Prof. A. Glennerster, School of Psychology and Clinical Language Studies, University of Reading, UK
- Hagen, L. A. and Gjelle, J. V. B. and Arnegard, S. and Pedersen, H. R. and Gilson, S. J. and Baraas, R. C. (2018) Prevalence and Possible Factors of Myopia in Norwegian Adolescents. Scientific Reports. 8(1). doi:10.1038/s41598-018-31790-y
- Pedersen H. R.,Hagen L. A., Landsend E. S., Gilson S. J., Aas Utheim Ø., Utheim T. P., Neitz M., Baraas R. C. (2018) Color vision in aniridia. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2018;59(5):2142-2152
- Pedersen H. R., Munch I. C., Gilson S. J., Larsen M.,Baraas R. C. (2018) Multimodal imaging of small hard retinal drusen in young healthy adults. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 102:146-152 doi:10.1136/bjophthalmol-2017-310719
- Baraas, R. C., Gjelle, J. V., Finstad, E. B., Jacobsen, S. B. & Gilson, S. J.(2016) The relationship between perifoveal achromatic, L- and M-cone acuity and retinal structure as assessed with multimodal high resolution imaging. Vision Research
- Dees, E. W.,Gilson, S. J., Neitz, M., Baraas R. C. (2015) The influence of L-opsin gene polymorphisms and neural ageing on spatio-chromatic contrast sensitivity in 20–71 year olds. Vision Research 116, 13-24.
- S. J. Gilson and A. Glennerster. High fidelity immersive virtual reality. In Virtual Reality / Book 1. Dr. Christiane Eichenberg (Ed.), ISBN 979-953-307-828-0, InTech, Rijeka, Croatia.
- E. Svarverud, S. J. Gilson and A. Glennerster. A demonstration of ‘broken’ visual space. Public Library of Science (PLoS) ONE 7(3) (2012).
- S. J. Gilson, A. W. Fitzgibbon and A. Glennerster. An automated calibration method for non-see-through head mounted displays. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 199:2, p. 328–335 (2011).
- E. Svarverud, S. J. Gilson, and A. Glennerster. Cue combination for 3D location judgements. Journal of Vision, 10 (5). pp. 1-13. ISSN 1534-7362 doi: 10.1167/10.1.5 (2010).
- S. J. Gilson, A. W. Fitzgibbon and A. Glennerster. Spatial calibration of an optical see-through head mounted display . Journal of Neuroscience Methods 173(1):140-6 (2008).
- P. McLeod, N. Reed, S. Gilson, and A. Glennerster. How soccer players head the ball: A test of optic acceleration cancellation theory with virtual reality. Vision Research, 48, 1479–1487 (2008).
- A. Glennerster, L. Tcheang, S. J. Gilson, A. W. Fitzgibbon and A. J. Parker. Humans ignore motion and stereo cues in favour of a fictional stable world. Current Biology, 16, 428–432 (2006).
- D. H. Foster and S. J. Gilson. Recognizing novel three-dimensional objects by summing signals from parts and views. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, B 269 1939–1947 (2002).