I teach the following PhD, master and bachelor level courses.
- Inter-Organizational Relationships (PhD Marketing Management)
- Supply Chain management (Master course)
- Marketing Management (Bachelor course)
- Entreprenuerial Management (Bachelor course)
- Mentoring Master Thesis candidates in Innovation and Supply Chain Management
I am also working as the program coordinator for Master in Innovation and Management (Master i Innovasjon og Ledelse).
I have a Ph.D. in Business Logistics from Molde University College (Norway) and two international master degrees in Industrial Logistics and Economics.
Research Scholarship May 2014 at University of Milan-Biccoca Campus, Italy.
PhD Scholarship 2007-2009, Molde University College, Norway.
The Norwegian Scholarship
The Short-term USAID Scholarship
Professional and Academic Memeberships
AMA-American Marketing Assocaition
EMAC-European Marketing Associaiton
EurOMA-European Operations Management Association
ANZMAC-Australia New Zealand Marketing Association
NOFOMA-The Nordic Logistics Research Network
1. Schoyen, H., Burki, U. & Kurian, S. (2017) Ship-owners' stance to environmental and safety conditions in ship recycling. A case study among Norwegian shipping managers, Case Studies on Transport Policy (forthcoming).
2. Burki, Umar and Dahlstrom, R. (2017). Mediating effects of green innovations on interfirm cooperation. Australasian Marketing Journal, 25(2), 149-156.
3. Burki, U. and Buvik, A. (2017). Manufacturing complexity and inter-firm coordination: Evidence from the textile-exporting firms of Pakistan. Internattional Journal of Procurement Management, 10 (2), 227-247.
4. Burki, U. and Kadić-Maglajlić, S. (2013). An Islamic Marketing Perspective on Salesperson’s Intentions to Behave Ethically. International Journal of Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2 (5), 391-403.
5. Burki, U. (2012). Institutional Voids and Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Understanding. International Journal of Business and Management, 7 (10), 23-33.
6. Burki, U., and Buvik, A. (2010). Do Relationship History and Norms Matter in Overcoming Inter-organizational Difficulties in Procurement Functions? International Journal of Procurement Management, 3 (3), 279-291.
1. Burki, U. and Dahlstrom, R. (2016). “Do Environment Sustaining Practices Mediate the Relationship between Top Management Commitment and Customer Cooperation?”, a full paper presented at the 5th World Conference on Productin and Opertations Management, Havana, Cuba.
2. Burki, U. and Lasse, S. (2015). “Management or Mismanagement of Cultural Heritage Sites: A Viking Case Study”, a full paper presented at the Cultural Heritage Workshop at Bologna, Italy
3. Burki, U. (2015). “The Moderation Effect of Culture on Export Performance: Evidence from the Asian Exporting Relationships”, a full paper presented at the 13th workshop on international management, hosted by the department of Management, Universiyt of Venice, Italy.
4. Burki, U. (2015). “Do green supply chain management practices affect environmental performance in B2B relationships?”, a full paper presented at the 22nd EUROMA 2015 conference hosted by University of Neuchetel, Switzerland.
5. Burki, U. (2015). “Impact of Environmental friendly Antecedents on Environmental Performance: Evidence from Turkish Manufacturing firms”, a full paper presented in at the Annaul Johan Arnt conference at NHH, Norway.
6. Qureshi, M. A., Rizwan, B. and Burki, U. (2015) “Conceptualizing Capital Flight: A Systems Perspective”, a full paper presented at the System Dynamics Society Annual Conference Proceedings, held at MIT, USA.
7. Soetanto, Krisna, Burki, U. and Ozturkoglu, Y. (2014) “Accomplishing Environmental Performance in Third Party Logistics (3PL) Providers”, a full paper presentation at the 21st EurOMA 2014 conference hosted by University of Palermo (Italy) from 20th -25th June, 2014
8. Burki, U. and Kadic-Maglajlic, S. (2013) “An Islamic Prespective on Salesperson's Intentions to Behave Ethically”, at the 4th Global Islamic Marketing Conference, to be held in Istanbul (Turkey) from 29th-30th May, 2013.
9. Burki, U and Buvik, A. “Does Market Knowledge diminish the extent of Formal Contracting in International Buyer-Supplier Relationships?” a full paper presentation at the 42nd EMAC (European Marketing Academy) 2013 conference hosted by Istanbul Technical University, (ITU) from 4th June-7th June, 2013.
10. Burki, U. “Does Business Culture Similarity enhance Performance in the Asian Buyer-Supplier Dyads?” a full paper presentation at the International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices (IRCMP) hosted by Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan from January 17-18, 2013.