All applicants should upload diplomas and transcripts from secondary and higher education. If your institution does not provide you with an English version of your transcripts/diplomas, you must upload both the original and a certified translation into English.
If you have a NOKUT approval, you need to upload this document as well.
You do not need to send any documents by post unless specified in the information for your country.
Letter of motivation
The letter of motivation should be no more than 400 words. We want you to elaborate on the following:
- What in your educational or work background makes you qualified for the programme?
- Why do you want to study this programme at USN?
- What are your long-term goals regarding your chosen career?
Applicants with a bachelor's degree from Norway do not have to upload a letter of motivation.
Copy of passport
The page you upload should show your photo, full name, date of birth and nationality. Norwegian citizens do not have to upload a copy of their passport.
Other required documents
- Any name change must be documented.
- Applicants for the Norwegian language course must upload their residence card/EU-passport.
- Declaration of consent must be signed and uploaded
- Applicants for our Joint MSc in Smart systems Integrated Solutions must upload a CV and two letters of reference or recommendation, preferably from academic staff at the University or institute that awarded the Bachelor’s degree. They must also upload a declaration of not having received other EU scholarship as well as information about country of residence.
- We may contact you and request further documentation.
Please do not upload Letters of Recommendation, proof of work experience or any other documents unless we ask you to do so.
Applicants to the one year programme Blues must complete two rounds of auditions to qualify for the programme. Please read all the relevant information about auditions here.
Audition - Norwegian Folk Music/Folk Art
Applicants to Norwegian Folk Music/Folk Art must complete two rounds of auditions to qualify for the programme. Please read all the relevant information about auditions here.
Important information regarding documentation
- We maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents. Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to section 12-3 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the USN. Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- As we need to check the authenticity of your documents after arrival, all international students must bring original documents to present during the first semester.