English requirements for our Master's programmes

English requirements for admission to our master programmes taught in English.

We require one of the following:

  • British Council's International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) - minimum overall score of 6.0 (Academic test). The test cannot be older than two years from the time of uploading the results and we must be able to verify it.
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) - minimum score of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based).  Choose University of South-Eastern Norway, and write in our code B436. If you indicate this number when you select the score recipient we will get the results sent directly from ETS or be able to verify the results online. One of these ways of verifying the test results is required. The test cannot be older than two years from the time of uploading the results.
  • A complete Bachelor’s degree from either Canada, USA, Ireland, New Zealand, Great Britain, Australia or one of the Nordic countries. Note, the degree must have been physically taught in one of these countries.
  • 140 hours of English at a higher secondary school in Norway with the grade 3 or better.
  • PTE Academic test - minimum score 56: Remember to assign the test score to our institution.
  • University of Cambridge examinations: C1 level
    • You must upload your Candidate ID and Secret Number (not your personal password!) from your Confirmation of Entry.
  • Applicants from English-speaking Africa or other countries that are not mentioned above are not exempt from submitting an English language test.