Invited speakers at the CA symposium include:
- Charles Antaki (Professor of Language and Social Psychology, Loughborough University, UK)
- Steven Bloch (Associate Professor of Language & Cognition, University College London, UK)
- Myrte Gosen (Assistant Professor of Language and Social interaction, Groningen University, Netherland)
- Tom Koole (Professor of Language and Social interaction, Groningen University, Netherland)
- Elizabeth Stokoe and Rein Ove Sikveland (LU/USN and NTNU/USN)
Call for registration and abstracts
We welcome abstracts for short presentations at the fifth interdisciplinary one-day conversation analysis conference, “Conversation as a tool for professional practice” (CAPP).
Submit abstracts (200-300 words) for a 15 minute’s presentation to: email@example.com.
Registration fee: 1095 NOK (includes coffee and lunch).
Registration fee for employees at USN: 400 NOK (includes coffee and lunch).
Pre-conference workshop/PhD course
The symposium is connected to the pre-conference workshop “Conversation analysis in education”, with workshops on CA, ELAN and transcription..
Travel and accommodation
The nearest airport is Torp Sandefjord airport. It is positioned with a 20 minute’s distance from Tønsberg. Alternatively, you may fly to Oslo Airport Gardemoen and go by train from Oslo airport station to Tønsberg. The train journey takes about 2 hours. We recommend Quality Hotel Tønsberg. It is close to the train station, and is close to the venue for the dinner in the afternoon. Use the code USN-guest 2022 when booking at Quality Hotel Tønsberg.
Hotels in Tønsberg: