I am professor in clinical communication and health counseling at the Centre for Health and Technology, University of South-Eastern Norway. My research activities cover mHealth interventions for persons with chronic pain, communication in health care and innovation processes related to implementation of welfare technology and digital surveillance in primary care including education research in these areas.
- Clinical Communication Research
- Eduaction Research
- Quantitative Methods, Mixed Methods
- Innovation in healthcare and implementation of welfaretechnology
- ehealth and Health promotion
- Research Management Course, Copenhagen School of Business, 2014
- Dr. Philos. (PhD) The Medical Faculty, University of Oslo, 2004
- Cand.Polit. (MA) in psychology, University of Trondheim, 1992
- Cand. mag. (Bachelor), University of Oslo, 1991
- Registered Nurse, Ullevål College, Oslo, 1979
2. Scientific Merits
- Head of research Centre for Health and Technology 2012-2022 (07)
- Honorary Doctor at Mälardalen University 2020
- Director & Head of Research, Centre for Health and Technology, USN 2017 -2019
- Professor in Clinical Communication and Health counseling, USN 2011-
- Program director Master of Clinical Health Care 2011 – 2016
- Member of Program Board PhD- program in Person-centred Healthcare. 2017-2020
- Menber Regional Ethics Committee (A) 2017-2020
- Coordinator Introduction PhD-course: The Science and Practice of Person-centred Research (15 ECTS), 2014-2020
- Completed PhD supervision: Main supervisor for five candidates and associate supervisor for six candidates.
- Ongoing PhD supervision: Main supervisor of two candidates and associate supervisor of four candidates.
- Main supervisor for 23 students completing master theses.
- Member of scientific networks: EACH - International Association for Communication in Health Care, IASP, OCHER.no, IFFIC, NSF, SBM
- Managing Editor Patient Education and Counseling, 2019-
- Opponent PhD defences in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the Netherlands (19).
- Member of several scientific evaluation committees (project proposals; PhD-theses; candidates for professor positions e.g.)
- Published over 90 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Co-authored textbooks and research handbook.
- H-index 33