I'm a social educator/disability nurse, that is well known for my energy in lectures. I have a passion for making new student focused projects and including students in the preparation and execution of the learning process. On my spare time, I'm working in different NGO's like The Norwegian Veterans Association for International Operations (NVIO), The Union for Social Educators in Delta (Vernepleierforbundet i Delta) and other local organisations in my home community. I'm also a person you will see out in nature, with a love for hiking in the mountains, and "unplugging" many miles away from society both summer and winter.
- Responsible for Bachelor course in social education regarding health, anatomy, public health, mental health.
- Supervisor for bachelor students and groups, and their bachelor thesis
- Contact teacher for practical studies.
- International Coordinator for Department of Health, Social and Welfare Studies
- Project: Making a Bachelor in social educator facilitated for sign language users.
- Project: Sosialpodden, the institutes podcast with learning resorces
- Member of Childhood and education research group
- 2019 – 2020 USN – University Pedagogics. (20 ECTS)
- 2016 – 2018 USN – Master in preventive work with youth and children (120 ECTS)
- 2017 – 2018 USN School of Business – Practical communication and organization (15 ECTS)
- 2013 – 2016 HSN – Bachelor in Social Education (180 ECTS)
- 2018-08 – present – University of South-Eastern Norway - Assitant Professor
- 2016-06 – 2018-09 Signo Vivo (NGO) – Environmental therapist
- 2005-12 – 2016-07 Signo Vivo (NGO) – Environmental worker
- 2010-04 – 2013-06 Signo School- og Competence center (NGO) – Teacher assistant
- 2006-05 – 2011-06 Steinar Vikholt Webvikling – Self emplyed
- 2002-08 – 2003-08 Norwegian Armed Forces – International Operations
- Master thesis (in norwegian): «Fra å dra, til å løfte» – Om forståelsen av makt i veiledning av foreldre med kognitive vansker i barnevernstjenesten http://hdl.handle.net/11250/2563116
This master thesis is based on the Norwegian Child Welfare Service’s parenting training to parents with intellectual disabilities. The purpose of the thesis is to understand how power affects and appears in parenting training provided. The thesis takes its theoretical understanding of power from the French philosopher and social theorist, Michel Foucault.
- Bachelor thesis: «Kommunisert – Men forstått?»: Om tilrettelagt kommunikasjon i barnevernet
This bachelor thesis "Communicated - But understood?" explores the Norwegian Child Welfare Service experience and practice of facilitating communication to parents and youth.