Kongsberg - Part time
- Progression: Part time
- Campus: Kongsberg
- Teaching model: Online
- Study level: Further education
- Charge: NOK 16 500,-/22 000,-
- Credits: 0 or 7,5
- Closing dates: Expired
- Start up: Fall 2020
- Teaching Language: English
- Semesters: 1
- Week 44: starting 26th October 2020. Fully booked
What is Systems Integration (SESI6202)?
This course introduces you to the guidelines and practices for system integration & test. Integration and test are each perceived as processes that are both parts of system development. You will learn that these processes are closely intertwined. In addition to the process focus, system integration & test is also a domain where a variety of topics meet, e.g. system design/architecture, product structure, communication and project management. To enable this mix of technical, business and organisational issues, the course parts are structured according to four aspects:
- Business – how to make profit from your system. this concerns e.g. the quality and on-time delivery of the right product.
- Architecture – technical means to build a system, components, and interfaces, product structure.
- Process – arranging the set of process activities as well as dealing with the required knowledge and skills of the resources, which relate to people as well as to tools.
- Organisation – roles, responsibilities, and relationships within the development of the organisation teams, people, responsibilities
The courses are organized as intensive one-week courses each with 5 days of lectures. During this week, the lectures last from 0830 to 1630 each day. The courses are a mixture of lectures and work in groups. Masterstudents and others taking courses for credit will work on a written assignment which is due 10 weeks after the end of the course. A completed course with approved written assignment will give 7.5 studypoints.
The price for attending a course depends on whether you take the course for credit or not. To get credit for the course, you need to hand in a written assignment.
- Alternative 1: Attendance only kr. 16.500,-
- Alternative 2: Attendance and written assignment kr. 22.000,-
For alternative 2, the price also includes supervision and grading of the written assignment.
The registration deadline for each course is 2 weeks before the course starts.
We accept registrations also after the deadline, provided there are available seats. Each course has a limited number of seats, so please sign up early. We reserve the right to cancel courses with too low participation.
A Bachelor's degree in engineering.
Master level courses require a C average.