The nomination of exchange students is the first step for students from exchange partner institutions wishing to spend a semester or year at USN. The nomination process is designed to ensure that all exchange students will have a rewarding experience in Norway based on academic interests, goals and preparation.
Nominations must be submitted by the exchange coordinator/education abroad advisor at the sending institution on behalf of each student seeking an exchange placement.
1. USN international sends an e-mail with all necessary information regarding nominations and direct links to our nomination web in the first half of the semester:
- Nomination for autumn semester opens March 1.
- Nomination for spring semester opens September 1.
2. Please nominate your students through our online system within the following dates:
- Normally April 15 for autumn semester (same as application deadline)
- October 15 for spring semester (same as application deadline)
Only students nominated through our online system will be processed for the online application. Nominations sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
3. Students will receive an automatic e-mail with all application information, once they are nominated by the partner, and may apply through our online system within April 15/October 15.
Please contact email@example.com for further questions or if your institution has not received the information.
4. Student housing
All nominated exchange students must apply for student housing directly with SSN. This is a separate process from the student application process. We recommend exchange students apply for student housing by April 15th for autumn semester and October 15th for the spring semester.
5. Processing of the applications: Immediately after April 15/October 15, the applications are sent to each program and department for processing. All applications will be processed as soon as possible, but priority is given to non-EU students that need to apply for a residence permit for Norway. All other students can expect their letters of acceptance in approximately mid- to late May (for autumn semester) / November (for spring semester).
- Non-EU citizens: Please note that all Non-EU citizens, including Non-EU students already studying in EU/EEA-countries, must apply for a residence permit for studying in Norway. The current fee for the application is NOK 4.900. In addition, these students must document finances/funding for NOK 12.000 per month (approx. NOK 60.000 for a semester). For detailed information about citizenship, please visit UDI.
Please note - nominations for Clinical Placement Nursing:
The number of clinical placements for nursing students are extremely limited and placements cannot be guaranteed until the student has received an admission letter from USN that actually confirms the placement. The placements are within the municipal health service.