Nominations must be submitted by the exchange coordinator/education abroad advisor at the sending institution on behalf of each student seeking an exchange placement.
1. USN international sends an e-mail with all necessary information regarding nominations and direct links to our nomination web in the first half of the semester:
- Nomination for autumn semester opens March 1.
- Nomination for spring semester opens September 1.
2. Please nominate your students through our online system within the following dates:
- Normally April 15 for autumn semester (same as application deadline)
However, due to the Easter holiday break in Norway, the deadline will be extended to April 20 for 2020.
- October 15 for spring semester (same as application deadline)
Only students nominated through our online system will be processed for the online application. Nominations sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
3. Students will receive an automatic e-mail with all application information, once they are nominated by the partner, and may apply through our online system within April 20, 2020/October 15, 2020.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or if your institution has not received the information.
4. Student housing
All nominated exchange students must apply for student housing directly with SSN. This is a separate process from the student application process. We recommend exchange students apply for student housing by May 1st for autumn semester and October 15th for the spring semester.
Please note - nominations for Clinical Placement Nursing:
The number of clinical placements for nursing students are extremely limited and placements cannot be guaranteed until the student has received an admission letter from USN that actually confirms the placement.
*In 2019/2020 we have only a few confirmed clinical placements so far. The placements are within the municipal health service.