- Note 1: The semester fee is assessed each semester and the amount may be subject to changes.
- Note 2: Postgraduate programmes may have extra charges in addition to the semester fee
- Note 3: Some programmes have extra study-specific charges such as material costs.
(except online students)
|Semester fee to the Student Welfare Organization||NOK 550||NOK 550|
|Kopinor and printservices (50 NOK for printing)||NOK 339||NOK 179 (Only kopinor fee)|
|SAIH (optional)||NOK 40||NOK 40|
|Semester fee||NOK 929||NOK 769|
Concerning online programmes, only students on programmes without meetings are considered to be online-only students.
The semester fee is a statutory fee for all students. The semester fee covers the operation of the student organization and expenses for copying and printing. It also includes a voluntary SAIH fee that you can choose whether you want to pay.
Anyone that register for exams must pay the semester fee. There are some exceptions from this rule:
- Exchange students on semester or full year exchange from our international partners (as they normally pay to their home institution)
- Students following certain studies within continuing and further education
- Ph.d. students
- Students who are only registering for re-sit examination in week 1 and 32.
The invoice for the semester fee can be found in Studentweb. See below for more information about the various fees charged.
- September 1st for the fall semester
- February 1st for the spring semester
It can take as much as four days from you pay your semester fee until your payment is confirmed in Studenweb.
The same deadlines apply to any refund of the semester fee. If you have already paid a semester fee to another educational institution, or if you withdraw from studies at USN, you are entitled, upon request, to a refund. If you withdraw from studies you get a refund of the complete amount. If you have paid a semester fee to another educational institution, you only get the student welfare organisation fee refunded.
Student welfare organisation fee
Student Association of Southeast Norway (SSN) is the welfare/service organization for students in Southeast Norway.
Kopinor fee and print services
Through the Kopinor Agreement students and employees can take photocopies, prints and digital copies. USN requires additionally a fee to cover photocopies used for teaching (print services). The student printing fee covers the students' own print quota at USN.
Note: The online students only pay Kopinor fee.
Students 'and Academics' International Assistance Fund (SAIH) is a politically independent organization. Ever since SAIH was founded in 1961, Norwegian students supported SAIH work through giving a coin of 10 NOK each to the SAIH. In addition to long-term development work, the SAIH works to get political influence in Norway and internationally, to improve the framework conditions for education and development globally.
In case you do not want to support SAIH, you may deduct the amount of the invoice when paying.