Do I have access to doctor and medical services?

Everyone who is resident in a Norwegian municipality is entitled to be registered as a patient with a primary doctor (GP).

  • Primary doctor (GP): See your primary doctor about general health problems or to be referred to a specialist.
  • Read more on New in Norway's information pages. 
  • Accident and emergency departments: accept patients in need of immediate help, i.e. treatment of illnesses and injuries that cannot wait until the next day.
  • Emergencies – call 113: for life-threatening and acute health problems.
  • Studentsamskipnaden (SSN) offers a variety of health services for students at USN. 

If you get sick and need to see a doctor, look at this page about primary doctor for more information. If you are a EEA citizen you can also find information here.