Department of Sports, Physical Education and Outdoor Studies
Our department offers study programmes in outdoor recreation, sports and physical education, as well as in food- and health-related disciplines. We focus on sustainability, entrepreneurship and relevance to future careers in work. We work actively to develop our studies portfolio and promote research and results dissemination and in all our disciplines.
The department offers both Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in sports and outdoor recreational studies, as well as teacher training in physical education and sports disciplines. We also make a key contribution to teacher training for Primary and Lower Secondary school, and Pre-school, teachers, as well as offering practical pedagogic training. We also offer three, less extensive, international study programmes.
Some relevant research groups
- Outdoor recreation, society and sustainability
- Health & Exercise
- The body, society and movement cultures
- Culture and sports politics
- Embodied making and learning
- Head of Department Carl-Magnus Nystad
- Deputy Head of Department Jo Grønlund
- Coordinator Outdoor Recreation Studies Kirsten Wielandt Houe
- Advisor Pernille Støren
The department is represented on the following USN campuses: