When to apply:
- Admission is once a year and the semester starts in August.
- The application portal opens September 1st.
- The application deadlines are:
- December 1st: Applicants with citizenship and education outside EU/EEA
- March 1st: Applicants with citizenchip AND/OR education from EU/EEA
March 1st: Applicants that live in Norway on a student visa is recommended to apply as an international applicant. Please read important information.
- If your deadline is December 1st or March 1st you will receive the result of your application April 25th.
- When the results are ready you will be notified through your registered e-mail address. You will then be able to see the results of your application in USN's application portal. If you are offered admissions to a study programme, you will be given a short deadline to respond.
If you didn't get an offer, you can say yes to the offer to be put on the waiting list. In May we will ONLY contact the applicants that get an offer from the waiting list.
Please note that the date of results can be changed.
If you live in Norway and apply with your Norwegian ID number in the webportal for Norwegian applicants, the results of the application will be in the end of May and that you will only get the same information and letters as the Norwegian applicants.
This means that if you need a visa, you should apply as an international student and not your Norwegian ID-number. You will then receive an earlier response and also get a letter of offer to be used in the visa application. You may only have one active application.
Please note that international applicants with a master degree from Norway may have problems getting a new visa for a new master.
How to apply:
- Please check that you have the required academic background for the programme you want to apply to.
- Please thoroughly research prospective programmes and their specific admission requirements.
- We do not give advance reviews that states if you are qualified or not.
- You can apply to up to two prioritized study programmes.
- Do you meet our English language requirements?
- Required documentation
- You do not need to send any documents by post, however, for certain countries, we require that specific documents are sent directly from the issuing institution. Please see if you find your country on the list. The rest of the documents must be uploaded to the online application.
- Are you completing your bachelor's degree in the semester after the deadline? As USN cannot grant conditional admission to international applicants, you are unfortunately not qualified to apply at this time.
- Apply online through Søknadsweb.
- Pleace read all the information regarding cost and VISA