We recommend that you register during this week.
Student assistants will be there to help you and to answer any questions you may have. You will find them in the lobby (just inside the main entrance) the first three weeks of the semester. You take your photo for your student ID card in the photo box located in the wardrobe in the lobby (just across from the library).
Programme week 33
Below you will find an overview of the activities the first week at Bø campus. Changes may occur.
Sunday August 11th
12.00-15.00 Open campus. Program administrators, professional staff, student welfare organization, IT-support, librarians, student assistants and buddies will be there to answer questions and show new students around the university. Family and friends are also welcome. Free waffles and coffee for everyone. Dinner can be bought at the student cafeteria from 13-15 o'clock.
Monday August 12th
Attendance is mandatory on Monday, August 12th for all campus students. Online students do not have to attend and you will find practical information about the study programme in Canvas after you have registered as students from August 1st.
- 10.00-12.00 New students study start. Information from the various departments.
- 12.00-12.15 A little something to eat in the lobby "Vestibylen".
- 12.15-13.00 Joint opening for all students outside in "Amfiet".
- 13.00 Student buddy week starts. Meet your buddies directly after the opening.
Tuesday August 13th
- 10.00-14.00 How to manage beeing a student – Course in Norwegian in "Gullbring kulturanlegg"
- 14.30-17.00 Join the program administrators for a hike to the hill of "Høyslass". Meet by the volleyball court. Remember to wear good shoes and bring something to eat and drink. We will have a break before we return.
- 17.15-19.30 Board game night in the library.
Wednesday, August 14th
- 09.15-11.45: Classroom teaching for both new and currently active students (check your individual time schedule).
- 12.00-13.00: Official opening by rector Petter Aasen and a mini concert with the artist iris outside in "Amfiet".
- 14.00: Buddy programme.
- 18.00-21.00: "Mingling night" - meet local organizations and get to see what Bø has to offer in the culture facility "Gullbring".
- 21.00: Movie night in the culture facility "Gullbring".
Thursday August 15th
- 09.15-15.00 Classroom teaching (check your individual time schedule).
- 15.00-17.00 Tournaments and BBQ on campus.
Friday August 16th
- 09.15-14.00 Classroom teaching (check your individual time schedule).
The board of the buddy programme has set a goal to help students get to know each other and their campus as quickly as possible.