This research project will enable data-supported early decisions into a collaborative framework.
We will use industry as laboratory in a series of cases, to give cross-industry learning and cross-company validation for the new framework.
Today, the access to data is enormous. Norwegian companies can, with the right approach, the right algorithms and structure, use Big Data in a way that can provide decisive competitive advantage in the international market. This research project will investigate how companies that deliver complex systems can streamline their innovation and product development process by more effective use of Big Data and digitalization.
A strong consortium
We are a strong consortium of industrial companies and academia, working on internationally leading complex systems. All project partners are dependent on using state of the art ways of working, and together we will develop new tools and methods for data driven decisions in the early product development phase.
The focus is now on recruiting three researchers at USN campus Kongsberg within Systems Engineering and Data Analysis. During 2020, we will select industrial research cases and gather project participant to kick start the project.
- Identify contextual and in-system data (facts) needed in early-phase product development to adapt innovations to user needs.
- Establish a process that helps people identify and apply their data to develop service solutions for users of their system of interest.
- Create and validate a process that ensures that companies can effectively utilize big data in co-creation processes and explore how this affects the SE development models available today.
- FMC Kongsberg Subsea AS
- Indra Navia AS
- Kongsberg Defence and Aerospace AS
- Kongsberg Innovation AS
- Kongsberg Maritime AS
- The Norwegian Mapping Authority (Kartverket)