- Cultural studies
- Urban sociology and urban anthropology
- Everyday urban politics
- Visual anthropology and visual methods
- Studies on Society, Science and Technology (STS)
- Cities in the global South
- Postcolonialism and (de)coloniality
- Power and space
- Social inequalities
Urban cultures, urban experiences and politics, with a particular focus on everyday experiences, space, the role of the senses, social inequalities, citizenship, social justice, ethics, racism, power, social movements, social media, peripheries, global south, urban militarization and urban change in cities.
- Visiting scholar Universidade de Lisboa, IGOT, The Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (2019)
- PhD researcher, ISCTE, Instituto Universitario de Lisboa, Department of sociology (2019)
- PhD research fellow, Culture Studies, USN (2018-2019)
- Senior advisor, rectorate, USN (2018-2019)
- Senior advisor, Department of research and innovation, USN (2016-2018)
- Assistant project manager KLOK (Kvinnelige forskere, Læring, Organisasjon og Kjønnsbalanse) (2015-2016)
- Research fellow, Cultural Studies in Literary Interzones, the University of Bergamo (2010-2014).
- Guest researcher, Institute of Art and Social communication, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil (2011-2013)
- Guest researcher, Faculty of Philology, Hermeneia research centre for Literary studies and Digital technology, Universidade de Barcelona, Spain
- PhD candidate, Culture studies, USN (2018-2019)
- MA European Studies on Society, Technology and Science (ESST), Governance of Innovation and Technological Cultures in the Global South and North, from the University of Maastricht (2010). Fieldwork in South Africa.
- BA Culture and history of ideas, University of Oslo (The National University of Singapore (NUS), University of the Western Cape (UWC), South Africa, University of Bamako, Mali).
- BA Fashion design, Nouvelle Couture, cultures and identity, Ecole Supérieure de l’Art et Technique de la Mode, Paris (2005).
English, French, Brazilian Portuguese (fluent)
Spanish, Italian, German (basic)
Exploring the politics of Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) in the context of contemporary South Africa; how are open policies implemented in practice? The Journal of Community Informatics - Special Issue: Community Informatics and Open Government Data. 2012 8(2) ISSN: 1712-4441.
-Open Source, FLOSS, Free/Libre/Open/Source Software, Open contenet, Open Gouvernment Data, South Africa, politics, policy, freedom, inequalities
-Urban space, architecture, sentient cities, biopolitics, connectivity, heterotopia, Power, Foucault
-Favela, UPP (Police Pacification Unit), dispositif, polyhedron, everyday urban politics, urbanization in the global south