I am a mathematics teacher educator, associate professor, with long experience in teaching mathematics education at all university levels from Norway and Albania, and an active researcher in mathematics education I have an international experience in teacher education: first, from Albania as a pre-service teacher of mathematics and then as teacher educator for 8 years and as part-time teacher of mathematics for grades 5-8; then from Norway as a teacher educator at all levels (bachelor, master and PhD); but also from my study periods and international collaborations with colleagues in South Africa, Albania and Kosovo. I have a strong interest on critical perspectives in mathematics education, having done research both with school students, pre-service and in-service teachers, as well as teacher educators. I also am interested in mathematics in society and in different contexts, as well as on mathematical modelling in school. Here are some of the projects I am working with: -Evaluering av fagfornyelsen 2025 https://www.usn.no/forskning/prosjekter/andre-prosjekter/evafag-2025/ -ARGUMENT project about mathematics and sciences, and actual societal topics, for grades 8-10, a collaboration with teacher educators from natural sciences and mathematics education, Bergen kommune, and teachers and students from 3 schools in Bergen. https://argument.uib.no/ -LATACME project (HVL) working with mathematical modelling and critical argumentation (https://prosjekt.hvl.no/latacme/). -Fake news in education https://app.cristin.no/projects/show.jsf?id=681615 -I have previously had a diku financed project for collaborating with the University of the Western Cape (South Africa) where I was one of the project leaders (https://app.cristin.no/projects/show.jsf?id=528057).
- Leader for one course, MG2MA6 in the Master programme in mathematics education (for mathematics teachers in grades 5-10)
- Teaching in the Master programmes for 1-7 (MG1MA6), 5-10 and Begynneropplæring (elementary school) teachers
- Supervision of master students writing their theses in mathematics education and evaluation
- Co-supervisor for one PhD student in mathematics education (HVL)
- Co-leader for the research group in mathematics education at USN
- Leader for an international project financed by HkDir "Mathematical toolkit design North-South"
- PhD in mathematics education from the University of Agder (UiA)- title of the thesis "Real-life contexts and students' interests. An Albanian study" (2012).
- I have been a supervisor for many master students in mathematics education for many years, and co-supervisor for one PhD student.
- I have myself written applications for Erasmus + projects (student and staf exchange) and utforsk projects (HkDir) and been succesful in obtaining grants (the last one, Mathematical toolkit design North-South). I have also been participating in writing NFR projects.
- I have participated as researcher in the several big projects (Argument ; LATACME ; Indices as mathematical models- international ; EvaFag2025; Indices in society)
- I have experience with leadership of research groups (Lived Democracy at HVL; Research group in mathematics education USN)
- I have the competence in leading research and education projects (both formal competence from courses, and experience from leadership of research projects)