I'm Professor in Health Sciences at the Science Centre of Health and Technology, University of South-Eastern Norway. My research focus is on physical activity and health, especially in relation to the understanding of physical activity patterns in different population's groups and salutogenic effects of 'green exercise'. Most recently I've been exploring the potential of 'technological nature' to promote health and encourage physical activity.
Supervisor of PhD candidates
Coordinator of the working group on Public Health - HelseHub
Ongoing research projects:
- GOGREEN ROUTES: GO GREEN Resilient Optimal Urban natural, Technological and Environmental Solutions
- GreenVR: developing and testing virtual green exercise settings for health promotion and research
- Mens Sana in Corpore Sano: a pilot study on the health of Italians living in Norway
- Forske på etterlevelse og effekt av appen Empaziz i arbeidet for varig livsstilsendring
- Quantitative research methods
- Virtual reality
- Health-enhancing physical activity and its correlates
- Biological rhythms and sleep-wake patterns
- Public health and health promotion
Education and academic career
- Professor in Health Sciences, with emphasis on physical activity and technology at INN University (2020).
- Associate Professor in Physical activity and health at INN University (2013).
- Postdoc in Occupational Sciences within the umbrella project “The importance of environment, nature and nature elements for health promoting experiences and activities” at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (2011-2013).
- Ph.D. in Physical Activity and Health with emphasis on exercise chronobiology at the University of Milan and Finnmark University College (2005-2009).
- Laurea Magistrale (BA, MSc) in Sport Sciences at University of Milan (2000-2005).
- Coordinator of the HealseHub working group on Public Health
- Coordinator of the Digital Cluster within the H2020 project GoGreenRoutes
- Leader of the research group Technology for health and physical activity
- Guest editor for the special issue Advances in Green Exercise and Health Promotion
- Guest associate editor of the research topic on Human-Nature Interactions: Perspectives on Conceptual and Methodological Issues
- Guest associate editor of the research topic on The Effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Sport: Mental Health Implications on Athletes, Coaches and Support Staff.
- Managing editor for scientific articles
- Member of the Editorial Board of Biological Research for Nursing
- Reviewer for different scientific journals (Biological Research for Nursing, Chronobiology International, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, International Journal of Circumpolar Health)
- Invited speaker at different conferences and symposia.
- Reviewer for Ph.D. dissertations and postdoc project descriptions.
- Member of the organizing committee for the 'VR in health day' in connection with VR Forum 2020
- Member of the committee assigning the 'Best scientific publication award 2018' at Inland Norway's Research Conference
- Member of the advisory board for the development of the Ph.D. program in Health Sciences at INN University
- Member of the experts' committee for academic positions
- GOGREEN ROUTES: GO GREEN Resilient Optimal Urban natural, Technological and Environmental Solutions (IA H2020)
- CoLab Walk my City Free (EEA bilateral initiative)
- GreenVR: developing and testing virtual green exercise settings for health promotion and research (RFF Inland Norway)
- Mens Sana in Corpore Sano: a pilot study on the health of Italians living in Norway (Italian Ministery of Foreign Affairs/Comites Oslo)
- Sport for all? Exploring the public health potential of the Birkebeiner races, Norway’s ultimate mass-participation sporting events (RFF Inland Norway)
- OsteoHealth - enabling early osteoporosis prevention (RCN)