Department of Visual and Performing Arts Education
USN’s Department for Visual and Performing Arts Education offers a broad portfolio in the field of aestetic studies, together with courses in handicrafts, media studies, music and drama. Students can work both digitally and practically.
The aesetic subjects also form part of USN’s extensive teaching training programmes for Primary, Lower Secondary and Pre-School teachers.
Our academic staff participate in a variety of research groups within USN’s Faculty of Humanities, Sports, and Educational Sciences. The Department hosts the following research groups:
- EMAL – Embodied making and learning
- LET’S – Learning and Teaching for Sustainability
- Artistic methods and development
Our aim is that our research shall be both applicable and relevant in a regional, national and international perspective. Students have the opportunity to take part in a number of research projects, and our research results are used actively in our teaching programmes.
- Head of Department Eirin Elisabeth Sæther
- Deputy Head of Department Liv Andrea Mosdøl
- Deputy Head of Department Morteza Amari
- Deputy Head of Department Pål Runsjø
The department is represented on the following USN campuses: