Autumn semester 2021
See information about Semester start 2021
After your arrival at USN
Here are 6 important steps you have to do in order get started as a student:
1. Move in
- When you arrive in Norway, check your arrival guide on how to get from the airport to your campus.
- If you are staying in student dormitories provided by SSN: Please make sure that you are arriving in the opening hours of the housing office to pick up your key – or check with SSN if they can arrange with the resident assistant to pick up your key.
2. Register with the police
International students from EU/EEA countries, staying in Norway for more than 3 months, must register with the police after arrival. Nordic students are exept from this requirement. NB!: If you are coming from outside EU/EEA, you must have applied for your visa well in advance of departure.
Usually, USN organizes group appointments with the police in the beginning of the semester. Family members arriving with the student need to organize their own individual appointment with the police.
3. Attend the orientation day/week (online in 2021/2022)
During orientation day, there will be practical information sessions about being a student at USN.
How to register in August 2021:
In order to secure your study space, you must register online by as soon as possible. Here's how:
- The semester registration opens on August 1st for the autumn semester. You will receive an email from us with information on how to activate your user account.
- After the activation, you must confirm your education plan in Studentweb.
NB! You might risk losing your study offer if you do not register as soon as possible.
4. Activate your student account
To access the USN online services, you need to activate your student account and upload a photo for your student card. Note: Before you can active your student account, you need to have your temporary 11-digit number ready. You will receive your temporary 11-digit number by mail.
5. Pay the semester fee*
You will find the amount, account number and KID number in Student Web. By doing this you will be registered for the semester.
*Exchange students usually do not pay a semester fee, as you normally pay the fees to your home institution.
6. Get your student card
The student card provides access to buildings and to borrow books at the student library. Take a photo for your student card, either at the designated place on campus, or upload your own photo. Download your student ID or get a semester sticker for your student card at the student service center on campus. Pick up your card in the service center at your campus.
More questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.