Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences is the third largest Bachelor's degree in nursing in Norway, spread across three campuses: Porsgrunn, Vestfold and Drammen. We educate nurses who will be well prepared for working on a daily basis in the health service of the future. The Department also has a wide range of Master’s degrees (clinical health work, advanced clinical nursing, midwifery, intensive care, aesthesia, health care nurses) and continuing education programmes such as health guidance and geriatric assessment expertise.
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences conducts research in respect of our fields of study and the actual programmes that we run. The Department has the following research centres and established research groups:
- Center for Care Research, South
- Center for Women's, Familiy and Child Health
- Science Centre Health and Technology
- USN Research Group on Older Persons’ Health
- Clinical expertise in nursing studies
- ReCCiNE (Clinical expertise)
The Department wishes to be a strong regional partner and is able to offer both course and research services.