Department of Process, Energy and Environmental Technology
The Department of Process, Energy and Environmental Technology is located on the Porsgrunn campus. The campus is surrounded by a wide variety of businesses, providing exciting career opportunities in an international environment.
The “A-veg” is a study programme for applicants with Higher Education Entrance Qualification + R1/R2 mathematics and physics, or a preliminary course or tertiary vocational education. The “Y-veg” is a study programme for applicants with relevant craft certificates as a background.
Bachelor of Engineering
- Structural Engineer – Construction and Building Design (regular and “Y-veg”)
- Structural Engineer – Planning and Infrastructure (Regular and “Y-veg”)
- Mechanical Engineer – Construction Engineering (regular and “Y-veg”)
- Chemical Engineer – Clean Energy and Process Technology (Regular and “Y-veg”)
- Three-semester (TRES) — engineering education for students lackingspecialisation in mathematics and physics. You take the intensive course during the summer before the start of studies and in the autumn semester.
- Natural sciences course
- Process Technologyy, full-time and online/part-time
- Energy and Environmental Technology, full-time and online part-time
The Department's focus areas in research are:
- Energy and CO2 capture
- Process security, combustion and explosions
Here is a list of all employees’ publications in Cristin.
We have extensive cooperation with a number of the major industrial companies in Norway.
A film from the International Energy Industry Agency is a good illustration of what we are working on within energy research and digitalisation.