Department of Electrical Engineering, IT and Cybernetics
The Department of Electrical Engineering, IT and Cybernetics is located on the Porsgrunn campus. The campus is surrounded by a wide variety of businesses, providing exciting career opportunities in an international environment.
Are you interested in:
- electrical power engineering?
- welfare technology?
- renewable energy?
- autonomy in the process industry?
Then you should get in touch with us.
The “A-veg” is a study programme for applicants with Higher Education Entrance Qualification + R1/R2 mathematics and physics, or a preliminary course or tertiary vocational education. The “Y-veg” is a study programme for applicants with relevant craft certificates as a background.
Bachelor of Engineering
- Electrical Engineer — Electrical Power Engineering
- Electrical Engineer — Informatics and Automation
- Three-semester (TRES) — engineering education for students lacking specialisation in mathematics and physics. You take the intensive course during the summer before the start of studies and in the autumn semester.
- Natural sciences course
- Master of Science, Industrial IT and Automation, full-time and online/part-time
- Master of Science, Industrial IT and Automation, Master’s degree in Industry
- Master of Science, Electrical Power Engineering
We have major research activity and aim for our research to be relevant and applied regionally, nationally and internationally.
Students can take part in several research projects, and results from the research are used actively in teaching.
The Department has several research groups:
- Hydropower, Transmission and Distribution
- SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technologies)
- TMCC (Telemark Modeling and Control Centre)
- Entrepreneurship and Student Enterprises
Here is a list of employees’ publications in Cristin.
- Consortium participant in FME, HydroCen, 2016-2023
- Sub-project 2 in Autostrip, FORREGION, 2018-2023
- Sensors and models for improved kick/loss detection in drilling, Semi-kidd, Statoil ASA
- High Efficiency Fertilizer TechnologY, HEFTY, Yara
- Entrepreneurship for NAV-Telemark