Department of Microsystems
The Department of Microsystems is located on the Vestfold campus. The academic and research environment here is surrounded by a wide variety of businesses, providing exciting career opportunities. We offer education, commissions and collaboration within mechanical engineering, data engineering, electrical engineering and microtechnology and nanotechnology.
The “A-veg” is a study programme for applicants with Higher Education Entrance Qualification + R1/R2 mathematics and physics, or a preliminary course or tertiary vocational education. The “Y-veg” is a study programme for applicants with relevant craft certificates as a background.
Bachelor of Engineering
- Data engineer – Cyber security
- Electrical Engineer – Electrical Automation and Robotics
- Electronics Engineer – Micro and Nanotechnology
- Mechanical Engineer – Product Design
- Three-semester (TRES) — engineering education for students lacking specialisation in mathematics and physics. You take the intensive course during the summer before the start of studies and in the autumn semester.
- Natural sciences course
- Masters in micro- and nanosystem technology (also offered as Master of Industry)
- Joint International Master in Smart Systems Integration (Requires login)
We have extensive research activity and aim for our research to be relevant and applied regionally, nationally and internationally. Students can take part in several research projects, and results from the research are actively used in teaching.
The Department has several research groups:
- Securing Distributed Systems
- Digital Design and Autonomy
- Materials and Microintegration
- Micro- and nanoelectromechanic systems
Here is a list of employees’ publications in Cristin.