Department of Business, History and Social Sciences
The Department of Business, History and Social Sciences has 60 employees, and there are about 1,000 students at the department.
Our core tasks are teaching and research in economics, entrepreneurship, innovation, management, IT, history and sociology. We work research-based and interdisciplinary in meetings between the various subjects.
The department offers the following studies at the USN School of Business in Vestfold:
- Bachelor of History
- Bachelor of IT and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Sociology
- Bachelor of Economics and Management
- Specialications in entrepreneurship management and innovation, financial analysis and accounting consultant
- Master in Innovation and Management
- Master Program for History Teachers
- Master in Social Analysis
- Business Master in Accounting and Auditing
- Courses in Sociology
- Courses in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Administration and Management
- Ex.phil., ex.fac. (courses)
The department offers the following part time studies:
- Management Education - further education in Management and Economics
- Further education in Law and Social Sciences
Research and professional development work
The research in the department is focused on the research groups USN School of Business:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Financial Organization
- Organization and Management
- Political Culture
- Economic Analysis
The department also takes part in the Center for Security, Crisis Management and Emergency Preparedness.
The department has a large interface with public, private and voluntary sectors, which is reflected in the bachelor's and master's theses close to practice for the students.
The academic community contributes relevant knowledge and research to business, public enterprises and organizations, and is internationally oriented through mobility programs for students and employees and R&D work.