- Course coordinator MHRMC601 Human rights and multiculturalism in international human rights protection
- Course lecturer MHRMC600 Introduction to human rights and cultural diversity
- Course lecturer MHRMC602 Human rights education and diversity
- Course coordinator MHRMC701 National policies and theoretical models of integration, multiculturalism and human rights protection
- Course lecturer MHRMC700 Epistemologies, Research Methodologies and Interdisciplinary research in the Field of Human Rights and Multiculturalism
- Course coordinator MHRMC704 Research tutorial
- Supervision of Master theses related to my competences and fields of interest
- PhD supervisor: Sivakumar Navarathnam: "International Human Rights Agencies in Shaping the Local Cultures in the Eastern Province of Sri Lanka: A Critical Discourse Analysis"
- Member of the Research Group in Human Rights and Diversities – USN https://www.usn.no/research/our-research/humanities/human-rights-and-diversities/
- Member of the Research Group in Human Rights and Vulnerabilities (Direitos Humanos e Vulnerabilidades). Catholic University of Santos, Brazil.
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Refugee Law
- Migration Law
- Regional architectures of Refugees' protection
- National policies in Migration and Multiculturalism
- Critical Human Rights Education
- Critical Theory of International Relations
- Critical Discourse Studies
- Critical Feminism
- Postcolonialism and Decolonial Perspectives
Dr. Gabriela Mezzanotti is an Associate Professor in International Human Rights Law at the Master Program in Human Rights and Multiculturalism at the University of South-Eastern Norway and a Brazilian Lawyer. She is a member of the research group in Human Rights and Diversities at USN. She holds a PhD in Social Science (UNISINOS University) and a Master Degree in International Law (UFRGS/Harvard Research). She is a former Associate Editor for the Human Rights Education Review (HRER). She is a former representative member of Rio Grande do Sul State Committee for Migrants, Refugees, Stateless Persons and Human Trafficking Victims (COMIRATRS) and a former UNHCR Sergio Vieira de Mello Chair at UNISINOS University (Brazil). She was a visiting lecturer at the Federal Judges School (ESMAFE-RS-BR).
Her research addresses critical discourse studies, postcolonialism and decolonial perspectives, international human rights law, international humanitarian law, migration and refugee law, multicultural polices and citizenship models.
- Shaping culture: the effect of international human rights agencies on local cultures. https://www.usn.no/forskning/hva-forsker-vi-pa/humanistiske-fag/menneskerettigheter-medborgerskap-og-mangfold/artikler/shaping-culture
- Human rights and reconciliation in a post-conflict, multicultural society (With University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka).