- Programleder Bachelor i IT og Informasjonssystemer, USN Handelshøyskolen
- Programkoordinator for Bachelor i IT og Informasjonssystemer, Campus Ringerike
- Programkoordinator for Master of Management Information Systems, Campus Ringerike
- Undervisning i informasjonssystemer
- Veiledning bachelor- og masteroppgaver
- Forskning, Forskergruppen Management Information Systems og Vitensenteret helse og teknologi
2010-2014 University of Agder, Norway, PhD Information Systems
2008-2009 University of Agder, Norway, MSc Information Systems
3rd and 4th semester at University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA
2000-2003 Agder University College, Norway, Bachelor in IT and Information Systems
4th and 5th semester at University of Georgia, USA
2014 – p.t. University College of Southeast Norway, Associate Professor
2014 – 2014 University of Agder, Associate Professor
2013 – 2014 University of Agder, Assistant Professor
2010 – 2013 Molde University College, Research Fellow
- Johannessen, M. R., & Stendal, K. (2018). Improving Quality of Life for People With Disability Through Social Media: Towards an Affordance Framework. The Electronic Journal of e-Government, 16(2), 147-158.
- Stendal, K., & Westin, S. (2018). IMPLEMENTING CLOUD BASED BIG DATA PLATFORMS–A CASE USING MICROSOFT AZURE.
- Fahim El-Gazzar, R., Wahid, F., & Stendal, K. (2018). Unpacking Knowledge on Cloud Computing: An Umbrella Review. Paper presented at the Americas Conference of Information Systems, New Orleans, USA.
- Stendal, K., & Dugstad, J. (2018). The role of IT-service in future health care, can they be ignored? Proceedings from The 15th Scandinavian Conference on Health Informatics 2017 Kristiansand, Norway, August 29–30, 2017.
- Stendal, K. and Fuller, R. (2017). The Effect of Virtual Team Membership Change on Social Identity Development: A Case from Higher Education in Norway. Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference of System Sciences, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Nominated Best Paper)
- Lanamäki, A., Thapa, D., & Stendal, K. (2016). When Is an Affordance? Outlining Four Stances. In L. Introna, D. Kavanagh, S. Kelly, W. Orlikowski, & S. Scott (Eds.), Beyond Interpretivism? New Encounters with Technology and Organization: IFIP WG 8.2 Working Conference on Information Systems and Organizations, IS&O 2016, Dublin, Ireland, December 9-10, 2016, Proceedings (pp. 125-139). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Eikebrokk, T. R., Moe, C. E., & Stendal, K. (2016). PILOTPROSJEKTER I KOMMUNAL E-HELSE–FREMMES ELLER HEMMES TJENESTEINNOVASJON? Proceedings of the Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av IT, Bergen, Norway
- Stendal, K., Thapa, D. and Lanamäki, A. (2016) Analyzing the Concept of Affordances in Information Systems Proceedings of the 49th Hawaii International Conference of System Sciences, Kauai, Hawaii, USA
- Lanamäki, A., Thapa, D. and Stendal, K. (2015). What Does a Chair Afford? A Heideggerian Perspective of Affordances. Scandinavian (IRIS), Nr 6 Paper 2.
- Stendal, K. and Johannessen, M. R. (2015). EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY: AFFORDANCES OF VIRTUAL WORLDS AND SOCIAL MEDIA. Conference proceedings 23rd Norwegian Conference for organizations use of IT, Ålesund, Norway
- Stendal, K. and Balandin, S. (2015). Virtual worlds for people with autism spectrum disorder: a case study in Second Life. Disability and Rehabilitation, 0, 0, 1-8.
- Stendal, K. (2014). Virtual world affordances for people with lifelong disability. (PhD thesis, University of Agder, Department of Information Systems), University of Agder, Kristiansand.
- Stendal, K., Molka-Danielsen, J., Munkvold, B. E., & Balandin, S. (2013). Social Affordances for People with Lifelong Disability through using Virtual Worlds. Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference of System Sciences, Maui, Hawaii, USA
- Stendal, K. and Molka-Danielsen, J. (2013) Capabilities and affordances of Virtual Worlds for People with Lifelong Disability. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference of Systems Development, Prato, Italy (2012)
- Stendal, K., Molka-Danielsen, J., Munkvold, B. E., & Balandin, S. (2012). VIRTUAL WORLDS AND PEOPLE WITH LIFELONG DISABILITY: EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP WITH VIRTUAL SELF AND OTHERS. Proceedings of the 20th European Conference of Information Systems, Barcelona, Spain. (Best Paper)
- Stendal, K. (2012). How do People with Disability Use and Experience Virtual Worlds and ICT: A Literature Review. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, 5(1).
- Arora, Vipin; Khazanchi, Deepak; Munkvold, Bjørn Erik; Owens, Dawn; Stendal, Karen; Tarrell, Alvin; Wale-Kolade, Adeola; Westin, Soffi; and Zigurs, Ilze, (2012) "Discontinuities and Best Practices in Virtual Research Collaboration". MWAIS 2012 Proceedings. Paper 26. http://aisel.aisnet.org/mwais2012/26
- Stendal, K., Molka-Danielsen, J., Munkvold, B. E., & Balandin, S. (2011) Initial Experience with Virtual Worlds for People with Lifelong Disability: Preliminary Findings. Conference proceedings 18th Norwegian Conference for organizations use of IT, Tromsø, Norway
- Lanamäki, A., Stendal, K., & Thapa, D. (2011). Mutual Informing Between IS Academia and Practice: Insights from KIWISR-5. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 29(1), 7.
- Stendal, K., Balandin, S., & Molka-Danielsen, J. (2011). Virtual worlds: A new opportunity for people with lifelong disability? Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability, 36(1), 80-83.
- Stendal, K., Molka-Danielsen, J., & Balandin, S. (2010). Virtual worlds: A new opportunity for people with lifelong disabilities. Paper presented at the 33rd Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia, Rebilt, Denmark.
- Stendal, K. (2009). A multi-case study of CRM and Privacy in three organizations. MSc, University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway